PDA

View Full Version : Frontier in VA?

flash15
06-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I live near Newport News, VA & am trying to check out the Frontier before we buy it. Has anyone seen it in this area yet? I've been to BRU, but they say that they're not going to get it in at all. They mentioned USA Baby in Richmond/VA Beach, but just wondered if anyone had seen it in this area. And, we have a Grand Cherokee (no latch) - do you think this carseat will fit well?
Thanks for the info!!
Meg

Joolsplus2
06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
I have a friend who lives down there and she hasn't mentioned seeing it anywhere yet.. have you called around to better baby stores to see if they have it?

801kelle
06-22-2008, 10:14 AM
We have a couple of Frontiers and we have installed both ways with latch and seatbelt. We were able to get a good install with the seatbelt. Also my friend has 2 frontiers and I helped her install them. She didn't want her kids side by side where the latch anchors are so we had to install one with seat belt and we were also able to get a good solid install using the seatbelt. So I think you will be fine.

flash15
06-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the reply! No, I haven't called any of the better baby stores here. I didn't know that there were any. We just moved here last year & I still don't know my way around very well. I'll have to look in the phonebook & see if there are any better stores.

Joolsplus2
06-22-2008, 12:03 PM
See if Britax has a list of retailers on their site, too (I'll admit, I haven't checked in awhile to see if it's accurate, but it's a start). Yup, try the yellowpages, my fingers are crossed for you! (heh, my neighbor has a jeep, I wonder if he'd think I was nuts for asking to try my FR in it? lol).

:)

Christyscmh
06-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I cannot say whether or not the USA Baby in VA Beach has any available as USA Baby is a franchise and each store is independently owned. I can provide you information regarding the Frontier for the USA Baby in Midlothian. Please send me a private message if you are interested in the details.

flash15
06-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Well, I just looked on the Britax site & unfortunately, there is no one else listed in this area! They do have Burlington Coat Factory listed in VA Beach, but I wonder if they would carry a new item such as the FR. Well, apparently BCF does carry FR, but doesn't say if it's in the store. Sure wish that someone in this area would carry it!! I could understand if I was back in PC, FL, but this is a much bigger area - oh well. The BRU computers even said discontinued! I told them their system was wrong. :-)

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
06-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I live in VA Beach... and I haven't seen a Frontier at Burlington or even the USA Baby here... my best bet would be USA Baby Richmond... but call first... they can tell you what they have instock and when they expect shipments.

Burlington Coat Factory carried the Fisher Price seats made by Britax, so that's probably why it is listed... but you could always call them and check.

flash15
06-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks! I will give them a call.