PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Convert. ? again

LisaMom2Allie
06-21-2008, 11:10 PM
EDITED to add and ASK!
What are your opinions on these?
E-Z-On Harnesses. The 86-Y Harness can be used from 30-168 lbs. The Kid-Y Harness can be used from 30-80 lbs in school buses and from 40-80 lbs in family vehicles. The harness consists of a shoulder harness attached to single strap which attaches to a lap only belt; it must be tethered at all times. For young children, the Ride Ryte booster must be used with the Kid-Y and is recommended when using the 86-Y between 40-80 lbs. Suggested minimum use is 40 lbs. For more information and prices on the harnesses, contact E-Z-On at 1-800-323-6598. For information on the Ride Ryte booster, contact Michele Palumbo at 1-866-396-6776.

E-Z-On Kid-Y Harness

Ride Safer Travel Vest Safe Traffic Systems Ride Safer Travel Vests come in two sizes. The small vest is used for children 35-60 lbs (can be used with tether and lap belt OR lap/shoulder belt). The large vest is used for children 50-80 lbs (Tether & lap-belt to 60 lbs; special dual tether & lap belt required for 60-80 lbs. [Dual tether ordered separately.] Lap-shoulder belt 50-80 lbs.) Vest uses clips to hold seat belt in correct position despite child's movements.

Thanks for the other input and I am not opposed to drilling into the car for DD's safety! I did not get an exact measurement but she is not close to the dash at all-this car is a tank LOL!

Original Post:
We have a 1968 Olds Convertable and currently DD is sitting in a Decath. in the front seat(because she doesn't like so much wind blowing on her and the car is a TANK) she is 45"tall and about 46 pounds and we are looking for another seat as she is just about to outgrow the Decath. in seated height and I hate that darn push button adjustor.

My concern is safety and keeping her in a 5 pt harness-but we only have lap belt to install with-would the Frontier be a good choice so that she would have more room in the seat but it would still fit in the front seat(like a sofa) and we could tether. We have Regents in the other cars and a MA in my Dad's truck but I wanted something that would last.

I am also open to other suggestions, this seat will also be used in my husbands truck-full size Chevy with a bench seat and no head rest and installed with a lap belt. Is the Frontier one of those with the headrest requirements?

I have felt confident with out seat choices(Husky, Regents, Marathon's & DC) but am just wondering what to do now.

DH suggested a 'regualr' booster like my nephew uses-I veto the slip and slide cheap boosters but is there any other booster that can be used with a lap belt?

Sorry, for the multitude of questions!

Lisa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joolsplus2
06-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh boy, toughie! I think your main challenge is getting a good heavy duty top anchor installed, then you could really use either of those. I've owned both, and do slightly prefer the RideSafer for younger kids, the 86Y for older kids. Well... unless the 86Y is now allowed to be used with 'any' booster... you'll want a tall booster for head support, I think? The Ride Ryte was really short, and I think out of production.