PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Tuff ceasing US manufacture!

caheinz
06-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Back in late 2003, after consulting the then-current version of Baby Bargains, we purchased a "castle" dresser unit from Rumble Tuff for my son.

Fast forward 4+ years. Expecting again, and loving the piece we have, we stopped at a local independent baby store today to order another castle for the twins, plus get a hutch for DS's castle.

According to our store, they got word this past Monday that Rumble Tuff is discontinuing ALL of their US-made lines. Two lines will remain, and both are imported. This coming Monday (6/23) will be the last day that they can place an order on any of the other lines.

I ordered the pieces we wanted, but am very disappointed. I thought the furniture was very well made for the price -- the dresser we have is solid through and through.

Our pieces are in the Shaker line. This line is definitely being discontinued.

Our local store had apparently spent the past week trying to tell all of their customers who had previously purchased RT from them. We didn't get notice -- but we bought the original piece from another independent store
in another state.

Christyscmh
06-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Are you certain about this? We place orders with Rumble Tuff pretty frequently and I have yet to hear of a Shaker discontinuation. Let me check it out when I get to work today and I'll post a confirmation on that later. Keep your fingers crossed!

caheinz
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I only know what the store told me, but they're a 1-location local independent baby/kid furniture store. They were scrambling all last week to tell their previous RT customers, as they only received notice last week Monday. Prior to last week, it was all business as usual.

It wasn't that the store wanted to stop selling them -- they had RT on the floor. They weren't at all happy about it, and they certainly weren't trying to sell me any of their other brands...

caheinz
06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
By the way, the Fields have confirmed my information in an email. They'll post it to their blog soon.

Christyscmh
06-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Yep - you're correct. The last day to place any orders for domestic RT furniture was June 20th (last Friday). Thanks for the info.