PDA

View Full Version : So I was watching 'The Golden Girls' and...

wellyes
06-22-2008, 01:34 AM
... there was an episode where they had to take care of a baby. Dorothy went to the market and came back with diapers where the bears disappeared when the diaper was wet.

Where do I find these magic diapers? If they had them in the '80s when that show was on, they MUST have them now! The only ones I know of are Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, which has an indicator strip that turns green when the diaper is wet. But that's about the most expensive 'sposie out there.

I'm a new mom and I'd love to be able to "cheat" by having the diaper indicate when it needs changed, without paying $.25 per diaper.

TIA!

Joolsplus2
06-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I guess just the pullups with the disappearing pictures are all they have now along those lines...Hmmm...

egoldber
06-23-2008, 09:25 AM
LOL! I remember those from when my neice and nephew were babies (1982 and 1984). They were definitely a marketing fad that went away a long time ago.

elephantmeg
06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
you'll learn soon to squish the front and tell :)

babybear
06-26-2008, 10:20 AM
The smell is a dead give away. Especially with Pampers. I can smell a peed on Pamper a mile away.

mamaoftwins
06-26-2008, 02:50 PM
The smell is a dead give away. Especially with Pampers. I can smell a peed on Pamper a mile away.

:ROTFLMAO: Yep, the pee smell seems to be instant even when they just tinkle a little.

Also, seconding elephantmeg's "squish the front". Squeeze the front when you put a fresh diaper on to get what it feels like dry and then squeeze when you have a peed diaper before you change it. That's how we do it over here. But, the pee smell really is the first clue.

kboyle
06-30-2008, 05:20 PM
dh just bought the cvs generic brand of the huggies supreme and they have bear paws on the front that disappear when wet :)

maybe they were walgreens...it was one or the other, i'll see if we still have the bag...i know we are out of them, but i may still have the empty bag in the closet.

srhs
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
maybe they were walgreens....

Ironically, I was out stocking up at Walgreens
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=296166
and noticed that the Walgreens Premiums (size 3, 4, & 5) say they have a "Unique Wetness Indicator" and show an image of little paws on them. So assume the paws appear or disappear when wet.

Here's the deal, though: Walgreens doesn't seem to have the "Premiums" in NB, 1, or 2 that I have seen (and I have hit up a few Walgreens this week...hehe!). AND I noticed that there is an old and new package...old being RED with this Wetness Indicator and new being GREEN with no mention of it. I wondered if they were running this deal to move the old packages off of their shelves. At first, I was buying Green when both were available because 'newer is better,' right? But then I noticed the wetness indicator and wondered if Red was better.

Anyway, DS isn't in the 3s yet, so I can't tell you if the paws are cool or not.

'srhs

bubbaray
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Weird. I can't smell pee on Pampers Cruisers (until its soaked), but I can smell pee on a Huggies Supreme/Kirkland diaper instantly.

egoldber
07-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Interesting. I also think Pampers have a distinct smell, but I can't smell Huggies unless they are saturated.

kat_eye21
07-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Pampers now makes Swaddlers Sensitive that have a wetness indicator