PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good Kiddio?

MommyAllison
06-22-2008, 05:36 PM
We want a trike for DD and I saw this on CL - is this the Kiddio everyone talks about, or a different one? http://spokane.craigslist.org/bab/726886353.html

brittone2
06-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure exactly which model it is, but it is not the Supertrike 4 as far as I can tell (the Supertrike 4 has/had air tires and is just yellow and blue, no other colors, and a metal pushbar).

It still looks like it is worth a try for $20. I think that one was liked by those that didn't need/want air tires, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Hopefully someone else will remember what specific model that is.

MommyAllison
06-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks Beth! It's about 45 minutes away, so with gas prices and a 2 month old, I want to make sure I want it before I go. :)

citymama
06-23-2008, 02:39 AM
We want a trike for DD and I saw this on CL - is this the Kiddio everyone talks about, or a different one? http://spokane.craigslist.org/bab/726886353.html

If you've already bought it, ignore this message.

If you haven't, here's my 2 cents. I think this is a newer Kiddio (i.e. not the one everyone talks about, which I hunted around for forever). I've seen it at TRU marked down to around $25 new - I came close to buying it but passed it up and got a used Kettler Jumbo for $50 instead. The main reason is the steering bar - very un-ergonomic and strains the wrists. It's also less *solid* than the Kettlers or even Radio Flyer - I'd prefer a RF Steer and Stroll (I've seen for $35-40 at Target - goes on sale periodically) over this. But it is a better trike than the RF fold and go, if you're considering that one.

That said, trikes are trikes - and your DD will probably like this as much or more than any other kind! After agonizing over the "perfect" trike, it turns out my 27 month DD can pedal the lightweight trikes at daycare without assistance, but not the Kettler yet (though she's getting there). Go figure.

MommyAllison
06-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks - I haven't bought it so I'm glad to know this! We have barely looked into trikes thus far, actually, so I will look at the RF Steer and Stroll. I emailed the seller to see if it was still available and haven't heard back - maybe its just as well! I'd rather spend less on a trike so I can maybe talk DH into a balance bike later. Thanks again!