PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Birkenstocks?

hellokitty
06-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I've been wanting to get a pr of birkenstocks for a long time, however I have always held off, b/c the prices are so high. I know that sierra trading post has some nice deals, BUT it always seems like they are out of my size. Is there another site that has consistently lower prices and a decent shipping/return policy?

cleo27
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Hello,

I have bought many a pair over the years and I would suggest trying them on in person to figure out the exact size and width.

Now that I know my size, I like to purchase from the seller baumhouse on E-bay. They are out of Germany and they have a fantastic selection. I have not bought any for probably 2 or 3 years, but the couple times I purchased from them, the service and speed were very good (I expected super long shipping from Germany, but it was not too bad).

I just looked at Sierra Trading Post and they do have a good selection.

Good luck with your shopping!

LisaMom2Allie
06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
What size and style are you looking for?

bubbaray
06-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Another vote for definitely trying them IRL. Birks are not a shoe to order online if its your first pair, IMO. They are kinda tricky to fit properly. You want room at the toes and the heels. Plus, they come in two different footbeds and each strap style fits differently. They also come in a hard and soft footbed and different strap materials. I only have leather Birks with the hard footbed.

Happy shopping. I love love love my Birks! :) In fact, your post has prompted me to start looking for yet another pair, LOL! I need another pair like I need a hole in my head....

emmiem
06-22-2008, 08:34 PM
www.birkenstockcentral.com
www.groundedsoles.com

hellokitty
06-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks ladies. I live an hr away from the closest dealer and was fitted at the store about a yr and a half ago. I HAVE to wear the original birkenstock, b/c my feet are very wide in the front. I tried some of the cuter styles and weren't able to wear them, b/c they were too narrow for my feet. So, I was planning on sticking to some of the more original styles. I'll probably just wait and get it at the store then.

bubbaray
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks ladies. I live an hr away from the closest dealer and was fitted at the store about a yr and a half ago. I HAVE to wear the original birkenstock, b/c my feet are very wide in the front. I tried some of the cuter styles and weren't able to wear them, b/c they were too narrow for my feet. So, I was planning on sticking to some of the more original styles. I'll probably just wait and get it at the store then.

There is a narrow and a wide footbed for most of the styles. That is different than the soft vs the hard footbed -- the hard is the original footbed.

dms619
06-23-2008, 01:27 AM
QVC has a big sale of them every summer. Try the dot com site & use Ebates - I think its 3%

Debbie

hellokitty
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
There is a narrow and a wide footbed for most of the styles. That is different than the soft vs the hard footbed -- the hard is the original footbed.

Yes, I understand that. By original, I meant, not Papillo and some of the other birkenstock brands.