PDA

View Full Version : nickelodeon cruise

denvergal
06-22-2008, 11:03 PM
has anyone been on this or know anyone or heard anything about it? i can't seem to find any reviews of this cruise anywhere! it is affiliated with royal caribbean i believe. i'm generally not a huge fan of cruises but i think my kids would love it! we are so in need of a vacation and i like that everything is pre-planned. anything that makes my life easier is ok in my book. am i crazy to consider a cruise for 5 yo ds and 3 yo ds? i know those cabins can be awfully small. any opinions or thoughts would be very much appreciated!

AddiesMom
06-23-2008, 05:29 AM
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do?prDate=01-28-2008&prCode=A

I couldn't even get the date to come up on Royal Caribbean's or my Travel Agent's website. I am guessing mega expensive and mostly booked up. I booked a RC cruise for Nov 08 back in Oct 07. Since October it had gone up almost $1000 due to popularity and fuel costs.

RC cruises go down in price a lot when kids are in school, anything in the summer or school vacation is very expensive.

denvergal
06-24-2008, 01:37 PM
it is actually on the nick website but i think it should be on the royal caribbean site. it is pricey but it's pretty much all inclusive. i was just curious to know if there were any reviews on this anywhere but thanks for the reply.

here's the link
http://www.nick.com/minisites/familycruise/planning.jhtml

SnuggleBuggles
06-24-2008, 02:06 PM
I looked at it but we aren't going to do it. From what I gather the crusie is a once a year thing and that is why there aren't reviews or info on it. The Nick crew "take over" a RC ship for one week a year. I don't know how many years they have been doing it but if I were to guess it has not been that long (it could even be brand new this year).

Aren't all cruises all inclusive?

Beth

Melbel
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
We have taken two cruises with DS and DD1. Our first cruise was on Caribbean Princess (Eastern Caribbean itinerary) when DC were 5 and 3. We had a mini suite set up. The trip went so well, we went on another cruise, RC's Liberty of the Seas, when DC were 5 and 7 (Western Caribbean itenerary). Liberty is part of the Freedom class of ships (same as Nick cruise). Both ships had amazing kids areas and programs. I think you would have a great time on the ship without the need to pay the Nick premium. There is also alot for the adults, which means mom and dad get a great vacation too. When DD2 is older, we will not hesitate to take another cruise. For a listing of kid friendly ships, check out:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cruisestyles/area.cfm?area=23

QTMichele
06-30-2008, 12:19 AM
As PP have mentioned, this is on a Royal Caribbean ship (Freedom of the Seas) - a wonderful experience for all age groups. You won't find any reviews of this particular cruise as this is the first one; however, you can find a ton of info on the Freedom. Check out www.cruisecritic.com and read the reviews of this ship, go to the "boards" area and click on "family cruising" and/or "Royal Caribbean" - people will be more than happy to answer your questions. Oh, as also noted, this will be a pricey cruise for a few reasons - peak season, specialty cruise and gas prices, just to name a few. :)