PDA

View Full Version : frontier straps?

mommabear
06-23-2008, 11:06 AM
My straps seem to keep getting tangled?
Anyone else have this problem?

Joolsplus2
06-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, they twist in the buckle tongue...it's a PITB... the only thing we can think to do for now is call them with our distress and hope they get enough complaints to issue us nicer/thicker straps :32: (888-4BRITAX...make THEM pay the phone bill!)

:)

luvmypeanut
06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes! I was just coming here to post about them. It's really the only thing that irks me about the chair, otherwise we've still got nuthin' but love for the seat.

mommabear
06-23-2008, 01:30 PM
When you say in the buckle tongue do you mean while a child is in the seat they twist?

Joolsplus2
06-23-2008, 02:03 PM
The buckle tongue is the part you slide up and down on the harness and click into the buckle...since the straps are so soft, they can easily get a half fold in them so when you slide the tongue up, it continues and gets completely flipped around... it happened to me the first hour I had the seat...hasn't happened again after I fixed it and then took the harness out to use the seat as a booster, lol.

mommabear
06-23-2008, 02:10 PM
So did you take the harness out because of this? I thought thats why we all bought this seat because it can harness up to 80lbs. This is going to drive me nuts. I have had the seat less than 2 weeks and it has happened several times. Ykes

On the nautilus the crotch strap is under my son even in the farthest out position is that dangerous, uncomfortable?

mommabear
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I called Britax and made my complaint. I encourage everone to do this. Thanks for the suggestion to do so. They said they would keep my info and if they made changes to the seat cover to fix this then they may mail me a replacement cover for free.

Joolsplus2
06-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Nah, I took the harness out because dd's too light to forward face...
Really, call and complain, it's easy for them to issue thicker new straps once they realize the huge problem they have for us early adopters, they just have to hear about it...a LOT... (or maybe not so much... the Safeguard Child Seat owners all got new straps lickety split after a few complaints).

I wouldn't really worry too much about the Nautilus crotch strap if your kiddo's not complaining every trip, I don't think there's really any injury data out there saying that being too close in is actually dangerous.

EDIT** you called before I finished typing :D

mommabear
06-23-2008, 02:43 PM
They actually told me somthing to the effect that all their seats that go over 40lbs have thinner straps than the roundabout because they need to give a little in a crash.
So are you going to keep your seat until your daughter weighs more?

firsttimemommy
06-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Ditto on the straps on the frontier - it bugs me too (and I'll let Britax know), but I am pleased with the seat. It offers TONS more head support (my little ones are STILL car sleepers, but mainly b/c we live 40 min outside of town) than our Graco Cargo's did (which also had twisty straps!).

Why didn't they just use the same straps as the Marathons? My MA straps NEVER twist.

FWIW, the only other complaint I have is that in my car (07 Nissan Pathfinder) the seats lean back a bit which causes the cupholders to lean back which causes the drinks to tilt, etc - you get the idea. But we solved that by using drinks with lids.

Joolsplus2
06-23-2008, 03:03 PM
They actually told me somthing to the effect that all their seats that go over 40lbs have thinner straps than the roundabout because they need to give a little in a crash.
So are you going to keep your seat until your daughter weighs more?
Interesting answer they gave you about the straps <cough, not buying it, cough> (though Recaro insists on using twisty straps because they are 'higher quality' than the non-twist ones we actually like...)
Yeah, I'm keeping it, it's a great booster for older dd, and Leah will be in it either when she's too tall for the Roundabout or too heavy to RF in the Radian.

:)