PDA

View Full Version : 3 carseats in a Honda Fit?

Nic24
06-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I am wandering if you can fit 3 carseats in a new Honda Fit (future reference)

We have 2 children right now but we may try for one more. By the time we did we would have one graco snugride, and 2 Radians by Sunshine Kids.

Thanks!
Nicole

Piglet
06-24-2008, 12:49 AM
I don't know - we have squeezed 3 seats into our 2001 Mazda Protege (Marathon, Parkway, Radian). It is TIGHT!! I know that I wouldn't have been able to do it with a Snugride, but I have seen 3 Radians in an old Civic, so anything is possible. Here is a thread of successful 3-acrosses:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33226

Chico
06-24-2008, 07:36 AM
I have a honda fit, and we fit two forward facing seats for my niece and nephew last fall. Mom (sis-in-law to me) had to slide between on one butt cheek for the ride to our destination. The FIT is a GREAT car though. Very, very spacious and 40 mpg hway (and I get 36 during my commutes to work). You'd have to disable all the passenger airbags, but you may be able to put one of the bigger seats up front safely, and then squeeze in back with the other two seats. (the fit has that automatically turned off pass airbag if the sensor picks up something sitting too close, but don't ever trust those things. When in doubt, turn it off yourself and drive slower).