PDA

View Full Version : BOB Car Seat Adapter

mrsjde
06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone had feedback on the BOB Car Seat Adapter.

I have the UPPAbaby VISTA also and I am used to just taking the adapter on and off when we go out. I keep the BOB at our beachouse and thought it would be worthwhile to get the car seat adapter, so we don't have to transport the UPPAbaby base each time we go there. However, I don't know how comfortable I am with the BOB being semi-permanant. I read some reviews on Amazon and they seem to indicate that the BOB becomes hard to completely fold.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

mrsjde
06-24-2008, 01:42 PM
I also wanted to mention that we have the PEG Pereigo SIL.

WatchingThemGrow
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
You can put a baby straight into the BOB Revolution at 8 weeks. A friend is using the adapter with her double hates that it is right in DC's line of sight. She says, who wants to look at a snack tray all day???

mrsjde
06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

The reason that I would like to get the adapter is because the car seat is too heavy to carry on its own, so we need a base when we go shopping, etc.

MontrealMum
06-24-2008, 03:27 PM
The BOB does not fold "completely" with or without the carseat adaptor, like many AT strollers. And it does not click shut on its own. That's not a feature of the Revolution. I don't know about the other models. You're just not going to get an umbrella-like fold out of most AT strollers.

We have used the adaptor on our BOB from the beginning (5 days old) and have had no problems with it. It does not have the snack tray attached to it - unless you actually attach it. Otherwise, the snack tray remains in its box until you install it. The adaptor goes on with screws, which are removeable. So, it's only permanent in as far as you leave it on. I imagine if you didn't want to use the snack tray when your DC is old enough to snack, you would then remove the bar as well. The tray and bar are sold together so you unfortunately have no choice but to get both.

mrsjde
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I think you sold me on it, since you don't have to install the snack tray right away.

Our DS is only 4 months... so we have some time before we need the snack try. We have the Revoultion w/ the alloy wheels and we don't have any problems folding it.

MontrealMum
06-24-2008, 07:04 PM
I was typing quickly before, but I meant to add that we actually still have ours installed, even though we haven't used the carseat in the BOB for months. We were planning on taking it out temporarily since DS isn't quite at the snacking-while-riding stage yet (he's just too messy), and then put the snack tray on a little later, but we're just having a hard time getting around to things right now. Anyways, he likes to ride with his feet on the bar and it gives him something to do in there! I don't have trouble lifting him over it to get him in -it's the angle-, so it's not really in the way yet. I can see where if you had a duellie it might be more of an issue for the older child, but we only have a single, and he's too young to care.

And we did not notice a difference in the fold with or without the bar. HTH :)