PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play rentals in Brooklyn?

WatchingThemGrow
06-24-2008, 02:08 PM
We're going to a wedding in CT in July, and we're taking the DC into the city for a day. The bride offered us her apt. in Brooklyn for 2 nights, which would save us about $500 as compared to the hotel we'd booked in Westchester.

We could take our 2 PnPs, but it looks like American Airlines is now charging $15 for each bag (3 at least) PLUS $25 for each additional bag. Delta gets us up there, and we'd have to pay $25 for anything over our 3 bag limit.

We anticipate also taking carseats vs. renting them. Rolling them to gate check them would be fine. I've considered donating a bargain PnP there after we use it, but I thought that renting would enable us to use them w/o having to carry them. Should we just get the hotel? Pay the fees? WWYD?

bluestarfish18
06-25-2008, 12:31 AM
We used Babys Away in San Diego and loved them! Everything was clean and delivered perfectly. I checked and they do offer service in NY/Brooklyn

http://www.babysaway.com/index.html

WatchingThemGrow
06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Cool! I sent them an email. I'm thinking it won't be as cost effective as taking our $25 2nd hand PnP and leaving it, but it is so nice and useful, I kinda want to hold onto it.

WatchingThemGrow
06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
My friend asked her Landlord, and sure enough, they have one we can borrow. We'll let DD sleep on the aerobed the bride and groom gave her :) If she doesn't sleep, we'll rent one. Thanks!