PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 08 Zippy! Question!

Babymakes3
06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I just got my 08 Zippy in Lavagna and just got it all put together. I'm not sure i'm in love. I feel like it looks like a wheelchair (a little less so now with the bottom basket and the hood thing on it), even hubby commented on that. I'm not into the colors so the black was my only choice especially if i ever want hubby to push it.

For those that have one, how do you like the handles?
Can you push it one-handed when loaded easily?

I originally wanted the Pliko P3 but the seat doesn't recline for an infant and my Graco carseat didn't fit it either. My Graco Snugride fits the Zippy supposedly but i haven't tried it yet.

I do love the way the zippy folds so easily and its very light which definitely swayed my decision against a few other strollers. I just can't make up my mind on it! It has fantastic reviews so i'm shocked to see that i'm not sold yet.

Baby is not here until August so i have time, maybe part of my issue is that i feel weird in general pushing a stroller esp one thats empty!

Are there any other strollers that recline for an infant and would possibly fit the Graco Snugride?

Am I the only one who felt this way about it at first?

Any help or thoughts are appreciated!!!

bubbaray
06-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I originally wanted the Pliko P3 but the seat doesn't recline for an infant and my Graco carseat didn't fit it either.

Um, the P3 DOES recline for a newborn and Graco carseats do fit in it.

Babymakes3
06-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Um, the P3 DOES recline for a newborn and Graco carseats do fit in it.

Seriously?! Is that a new change? I'm confused! Everything i've been finding has said it doesn't.

So what are the differences between the P3 and the Zippy?

codex57
06-24-2008, 07:32 PM
P3 feels less solid than the Zippy to me. They're very, VERY similar though. I went with the fold.

I have Cacao color and I have no problems with it. Don't see why a guy would have problems pushing a stroller in Cacao, Safari, or even the red color.

Handle feels cheap cuz it's hard plastic. It pushes fine though. No difference btw loaded and unloaded. That's pretty awesome. I can't remember how much weight the P3 can take, but a Mac will fall over if you barely put any weight on the handles. I had a bag with a jug of Limeade on one handle and a smaller bag with other items on the other, UNLOADED, and the Zippy pushed fine.

bubbaray
06-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Seriously?! Is that a new change? I'm confused! Everything i've been finding has said it doesn't.

So what are the differences between the P3 and the Zippy?

No, not a change at all. The P3 and its predecessor, the Pliko, are newborn-appropriate. I've used both with newborns. I have no idea where you've seen that they can't be used with newborns, because they most definitely can.

The main difference between the Zippy & the P3 is the fold. Both DH and I kicked the wheels on the Zippy, so we quickly ruled it out.

The P3 may feel less solid, but its actually designed to "wiggle" or feel loose -- its part of the suspension. Both my girls love it. The P3 also has the floating harness, which we like.