PDA

View Full Version : Guess T's favorite book?

kijip
06-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Right now, at least for an hour a day he thumbs through "A Child is Born". Which is a detailed account of a baby being made from preconception to birth. And he reads, so there is no skimming over things.

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Born-Lennart-Nilsson/dp/0385337558/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214354492&sr=8-1

He sounds like a midwife in training. He spends a lot of time copying the pictures in the book. Yesterday he made a birth center with his blocks, compete with a tub for mamas. :ROTFLMAO:

I honestly think he now has more reproductive health education than the average middleschooler. Why did this happen? He picked it up one day and I am too nauseated to remove anything from his possession that entertains him. I should have seen this coming he is after all the same child that drew a uterus out of the TCOYF book sometime ago.

kedss
06-24-2008, 09:41 PM
LOL :)

At one point, Christopher decided that Hannah would come from out of our kitchen drawer, and I told him it would be nice if it was that easy.:)

kijip
06-24-2008, 09:48 PM
LOL :)

At one point, Christopher decided that Hannah would come from out of our kitchen drawer, and I told him it would be nice if it was that easy.:)

That would be easier. :ROTFLMAO: So easy, I'd just as soon wander downstairs now and start checking my kitchen drawers than continue to deal with pregnancy.

elephantmeg
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
ooh, those sorts of books were my favorites. I was 7 when I told my very pregnant aunt with pre-eclampsia all the things that could go wrong if her pre-eclampsia became eclampsia. And we had a medical emergencies aboard ship book-how to do everything from catheterize someone to set a limb to do a proper burial overboard. I loved that book.....

kijip
06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
And we had a medical emergencies aboard ship book-how to do everything from catheterize someone to set a limb to do a proper burial overboard. I loved that book.....

Well, if I am going to die on a boat, I'll have to have you along. I love the things that fascinate children. :) When I was about 6-7 my big thing was being a priest- I had mass memorized and poured over religious information.

JTsMom
06-24-2008, 10:13 PM
:ROTFLMAO: Maybe you'll have an expert doula on your hands by the time the baby comes!

When I was... maybe 7ish, my thing was space, especially Saturn. I became obsessed with having a REAL photograph of Saturn, and I asked Santa for one- keep in mind this is in the early 80's. I told my mom that Santa could just fly his sleigh past it, and snap a quick picture for me, and that I *knew* if there was a real Santa, I would get one.

As luck would have it, it was the year Voyager sent back pictures, and my mom found a calendar with the images, took out one, and framed it. I have a picture of me opening it, and I have this look of pure joy- it's by far, my favorite picture of myself.

LBW
06-25-2008, 08:00 AM
My oldest, Liam, was the same way when I was pregnant with Conor last year. I really encouraged his interest because he's generally interested in all things related to biology, and because I was having a homebirth. I wanted him to understand what I would be going through so he wouldn't freak out. And he didn't. :) He watched TV for the hour or so I was in painful labor. Once C was born, he came running out as soon as he heard him cry. Liam had been asking to cut the cord for weeks, so we let him. He's really proud of himself for doing it, and seems to feel a special bond with his baby brother because he helped at the birth.