PDA

View Full Version : Frontier in Ody Captains chair, still trying

tribecamom
06-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Even with the seatbacks reclined the long belt path install seems to use every inch of belt. Then I can't get the slack out (of the shoulder portion. I know that makes no sense but its happening! What's the trick for extend the seat belt all the way at the shoulder belt's retractor but just shy of engaging the retractor's locking mechanism ? Maybe my problem is the locking too soon?

any other tricks

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Ok... let me go try it.. your Ody is same as mine? 2000-2004? I'll BRB...

tribecamom
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I feel like a dork!

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Doesn't matter, might be the same, and I needed the workout!

Ok, recline the vehicle seatback. S-L-O-O-O-L-Y and carefully pull the belt out and rout it properly over the side, behind the back, over the side. Be careful to avoid twists. The belt should NOT be locked, I had a good 8 spare inches on my Ody (NO spare on my Ford, and I still managed it...it was tippy, but you sit on it and rock it back and forth so the belt gets aligned and it's not tippy). Get in the seat, PULL THE SHOULDERBELT HARD on the buckle side, to get the lapbelt tight. THEN pull the shoulderbelt all the way out to lock it, THEN upright the seat so it locks everything into place. It was totally rock solid for me in a minute, same tricks I used to use for my Husky. Short Belt Path? OMG, no way, no how... wasn't gonna work :32:

tribecamom
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
wrong if you have 8 inches left ???????

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I reclined the seatback completely, it's also pushed back as far as possible on the floor track, and the shoulderbelt anchor is as low as possible...(???)

tribecamom
06-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I will try all of that and hopefully post about my success soon :)

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 12:00 PM
May the force be with you :)