PDA

View Full Version : Is the Scenera really a good car seat?

hillview
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I just got out DS #1's old Scenera for DS #2 to maybe start using as a back up/travel seat. DS #2 is in a SafeSeat and we have a BV that DS #1 outgrew. As I looked at the Scenera (it is less than 2 years old) it just seem like such a lesser seat. Mind you DS #1 used it for about 18 months as a second seat and for travel. I could just go ahead and get DS #2 a Radian 80 (he is 10 months and off the 97% for height and weight like his brother so the higher limits make sense for him). Or am I overreacting?

TIA!
/hillary

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I have a love hate relationship with mine. Mostly hate. If you're inclined to hunt down an Uptown at Big Lots, it's a much better seat, IMO. If people didn't always say "I want to spend less money!", I'd probably never recommend anything less than a Roundabout or Radian for a travel/spare seat, honestly.

There, I said it. ;)

hillview
06-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks Jools! You are my carseat hero ...
/hillary

Wife_and_mommy
06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I have a love hate relationship with mine. Mostly hate. If you're inclined to hunt down an Uptown at Big Lots, it's a much better seat, IMO. If people didn't always say "I want to spend less money!", I'd probably never recommend anything less than a Roundabout or Radian for a travel/spare seat, honestly.

There, I said it. ;)

:ROTFLMAO: That pesky budget, huh?:ROTFLMAO:

Is the Radian65 the same as the 80? Am I correct that the difference is just the weight limit?

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Yup, the 80 has extra padding and for newborns, too. Same seats, different weight limits

WatchingThemGrow
06-25-2008, 04:02 PM
Yup, the 80 has extra padding and for newborns, too. Same seats, different weight limits

Not to hijack, but I was wondering...which do you recommend? The 80 is heavy...

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
The 65 weighs the same, it's the same seat. Unless you have an exceptionally heavy child (I do know a 6 yo who weighs 70 pounds and is at least an inch under the top slots, so the 80 is good for her), the 65 is fine ('average' kids outgrow it at about age 7 and 50ish pounds)

christiedavid3
06-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks Jools! You are my carseat hero ...
/hillary
:bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:
Mine too!!! LOL