PDA

View Full Version : Moms of more than 1 child who have 2 of same carseat

hillview
06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
If you have 2 of the same carseat one for each child, do you have the SAME fabric or different to tell them apart easier. DS #1 is 3 and DS #2 is 10 months so he isn't in that "I want what my brother has" phase (yet).

Thoughts?

I clearly have way too much time on my hand to think about these things.

Thanks!
/hillary

AngelaS
06-25-2008, 01:20 PM
My little ones both have Marathons and since they were bought at different times, they're different. I wish they matched. The girls know which seat is whose and they will NOT sit in each other's seat (they're set up the same since the girls are the same size!) so even tho it doesn't matter safety wise, they know whose is whose and won't sit in the other seat. Whatever! LOL

Piglet
06-25-2008, 01:22 PM
No, all our seats are different, but if I had twins, I would probably get the same fabric. With different aged kids, the seats are never the same anyway - one is RF, the other is FF, the 3rd is in a booster, etc. They don't get that the seats are the same. They just know that this is my seat and that is his seat. For the very short time that your 2 kids will be in the same style seat (i.e. - both FF), they won't care that much, particularly if they start in their seats from a while back. My DS2 loves his Cowmoo seat and wouldn't give it up for the world. He has been in it since he was 9 months, so he has grown VERY fond of it!

veronica
06-25-2008, 01:23 PM
no problems here, both in granite marathons and never even mention it except that DS is rear facing and DD is not.

momma_boo
06-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I purchased 2 marathons last year when we got a 2nd car. I got the same fabric. To be honest, even though they're 2 years apart, there is only a slight difference in height (maybe 3 inches) that the harness slots ended up being the same for both (I did check before installing), so they do switch around all the time.

Wife_and_mommy
06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I purchased 2 marathons last year when we got a 2nd car. I got the same fabric. To be honest, even though they're 2 years apart, there is only a slight difference in height (maybe 3 inches) that the harness slots ended up being the same for both (I did check before installing), so they do switch around all the time.

I have a DC and an MA. The DC is RF while the MA FF. DS *loves* dd's cowmoo MA and sits in it almost every time dd's not with us. It made me very nervous before he turned two. I don't stress about it too much now.

ETA: The reason I quoted mommaboo was because my dc's are similar ht/wt too.

KBecks
06-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I have the same, 2 tan microdot Britax Marathons. I'm not sure I'll be able to get a match for the 3rd, and I don't think it matters all that much.

WatchingThemGrow
06-25-2008, 03:08 PM
We have 2 MAs from different years. I wanted a spare cover after a puking incident on a trip, so I ordered a spare from mystrollers.com for $55. I think it was a bargain, and it gives me the option of making them both Crocodile when I want. Speaking of that, I need to see how filthy DD's cover is during sunscreen season...

Joolsplus2
06-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty happy my boosters match for my big kids...I wouldn't stress if they didn't (I have lots of other non matching seats), but I think it's cool.

npace19147
06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
We have two Cowmooflages, I really liked the print and didn't think there was another one that went as well. For some reason one has tan straps and one has black straps. But I tend to be a matchy-matchy person anyway so this makes me happy. DD1 was thrilled that DD2 has a seat that matches hers.

luvmypeanut
06-25-2008, 04:29 PM
I actually bought my marathons to match the interior of my car :D. But they've never fought over the seats. When DD moved to a monarch, DS wanted to sit in it but he wasn't old/big enough so we had fights about that. Now my problems are solved with the Frontiers. DD has the pink one and DS has his blue-ish (grey) one. The black/grey trim matches nicely with my new car ;)