PDA

View Full Version : Tall parents!!

BaltimoreMom
06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
DH and I are going to look at strollers this weekend. Not buying - just trying to get our ducks in a row.

However, I'm 6' and DH is 6'2". We BOTH want a stroller that will work well w/ our height and stride.

Any recommendations? And I'm looking at reasonably priced strollers - the Bugaboo's of this world are a tad more expensive than what we're looking to spend!

Thanks all!

Sarah

lowrioh
06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
My DH and I are both tall (6'6" and 5'11") and I did a ton of research when we were picking out strollers We ended up getting the Zooper Hula and the Bumbleride Indie because they have ground to handle heights of 41 and 45". My husband finds the Bumbleride easier to push than the Zooper but he is comfortable with both. We have only taken them around the block a few times with my nieces since our little one hasn't arrived yet.
The problem with both of these strollers is that it is hard to find a B&M store that carries them.
A good resource I found in my quest is the chart of strollers with adjustable handles on the baby bargains home page. http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybargains/strollerchart.pdf
Joggingstrolller.com also lists ground to handle heights for most of the strollers on their site.
A lot of tall folks use Macclaren Technos but it didn't work for us.
Good Luck and please report back. I'm curious about what you find.
L

WatchingThemGrow
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
We're just average height 5'6" and 6', and we are amazed by our Bugaboo's handle. HOWEVER, we also have a Baby Jogger City Elite Double. The handle on that is VERY adjustable also. The stroller has so many great qualities, I think you should try to get your hands on one to try. Another thing to consider is that your offspring will likely need a bit more headroom than some strollers allow as the child grows. The BJ should accommodate that nicely. I use it as my only double, so I could see someone using that as their only stroller easily.

mrsjde
06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
My Dh is 6'5 and the UPPAbaby VISTA adjustible handles has worked perfectly for him. I think the City Mini Jogger also had adjustible handles that were good for him too.

Phil & Teds also has adjustible handles, but I don't think they are as long as the UPPA.

nawoodard
06-26-2008, 12:00 AM
I just registered for the Peg Perego P3 which suited my 6'4" tall husband just fine. The handle adjustment went up really high.

lowrioh
06-26-2008, 09:14 AM
You can try the Phil & Teds but I pushed my friends around town and found that even at the highest setting, the handle was too low for me. There is no way my husband could use it comfortably.

Joolsplus2
06-26-2008, 09:29 AM
The Baby Jogger City Mini isn't adjustable, but it's very tall and I know a tall stroller collecting mom (she's had about 150 at last count) who loves it because she never kicks the wheels :)). I loved that stroller for a more-rugged yet full featured stroller, it was very comfy, easy to fold, and the price was divine :)

BaltimoreMom
06-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Jools (Julie) - interesting you mentioned the City Mini. We went stroller shopping tonight and I had never heard of it. The store we went to happened to carry it and it's now the top choice of my DH! We really liked it and while not all-terrain, the woman at the store said the tires are more durable and good for the city (where we live!).