PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for Disney? Phil and Teds?

smilequeen
06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
We are going to Disney in July (ick, hot, ick). I have 2 double strollers I can take. Simon will definitely want to ride (probably more than Oliver will :)).

I have a Maclaren Twin Techno and a Phil and Teds Sport Double. As of right now I'm planning to take the Phil and Teds. I have sunshades for it, clip on fans, pannier bags. Which would you take?

Melbel
06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
I personally would not want to bring an expensive stroller to Disney unless someone will be with the stroller at all times. While in likelihood, you would be fine, I have heard occasional stories of strollers being stolen while parents were in rides, eating, etc. Many parents actually just rent the Disney ones, so long as the children are old enough to sit in it comfortably. When DS and DD1 were little, we took a Graco double stroller that we would not be too sad over losing.

Momof3Labs
06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Are you taking Disney busses or driving to the parks?

egoldber
06-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I would take the stroller that it easier to fold. You will spend a lot of time folding your stroller to get on trams, buses, etc. I see a lot of P&T strollers, so I think its doable, but if you tend to get flustered at having to unpack all that stuff, I would take that into consideration.

You will see a ton of expensive strollers at WDW so I personally wouldn't worry about it. Thieves generally want your cash and your small electronics, not your stroller. :)

smilequeen
06-26-2008, 08:47 PM
We are staying on site, at the Swan. For 3 of the days we have a VIP tour guide set up, which means they are driving us to the gate area, so that helps with the folding/unfolding. Otherwise, we'll take Disney transport. We'll be there 6 days (might go to Sea World for one of them). I'm thinking the Phil and Teds will work...hmmmm

hillview
06-27-2008, 08:19 AM
I'd take the p&t -- we take it everywhere with us (not been to disney) but loved it in UK, Italy, France etc.
/hillary

hellokitty
06-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Since the P&T does not fold in doubles mode (ie: it comes apart in two pieces), I think it would be annoying to use it for the trams, etc.. Personally, I would take take your mac. I too would worry that my P&T would disappear at disney. It does happen and july is really crazy at disney, it would be easy for a stroller to get stolen w/o anyone really noticing anything suspicious. Plus, are you flying to disney or driving? If you're flying, I would be be leery of the way your P&T is treated by the airlines, esp since it is two pieces in doubles mode and does not have any kind of latch when it is folded down. Have fun at disney!

funfam
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Whichever you take, just make sure that you mark it as yours. I think more often than not, the strollers aren't stolen, they are taken by mistake. It is very easy to have two, three, or more strollers that look exactly the same. I hung a couple of luggage tags to mine with zipties and it was fine. And it is a pricey model.

tbeskildsen
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM
We took our bugaboo to disney when our son was 15 months and I would not have had it any other way. We left it often and never worried about it being taken. We got on and off the buses fairly easily even though it folds in 2 parts. The key was comfort - since he was comfy in his stroller, we never had to go back to the room for breaks or naps or anything. We even stayed out until 2 in the morning one night taking turns on the rides while he slept. The next time we went, we opted for the onsite stroller rental since he was walking more and didn't like strollers. It was expensive (more than $10/day) and not comfy at all. We ended up going to kmart and buying an umbrella stroller to save $. I wish we had brought the bugaboo.

My short answer - take the one that is most comfy!

ilfaith
07-25-2008, 01:24 PM
I've done Disney with both our P&T and our Mac. Given the ages of your kids, I'd go with the P&T. Your older child may want to do some walking, and it's much easier to push the P&T with just one passenger. And I'm guessing your little one is still at an age where they don't mind being in the bottom (this has recently become an issue with DS2; as he's getting older he doesn't like being stuck down below all day).

smilequeen
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
We took the Phil and Teds and I was glad we did :) We didn't end up needing to take the Disney transport (except for the boat in the evening to the Boardwalk) though.