PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours?

teddy
06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
First off, we are NOT staying on Disney property when we go to WDW in July.

That being said, the days we are planning to do Magic Kingdom have EMH. Should we avoid early mornings on those days since it will likely be busy already? Or should it even matter to us since we can't take advantage? Anyone have good advice? Thanks :)

Momof3Labs
06-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Yes, those mornings will tend to be busy by the time you arrive. Try to choose a different park that morning.

caheinz
06-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Lori's right.

We were on site earlier this month and could have used them, but chose to stay out of parks with extra hours in each half of the day (eg, if Magic Kingdom was EMH morning, we wouldn't go there in the morning at all). It really paid off!

egoldber
06-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I actually diasgree. While they will be busier than they normally would those mornings, I wouldn't change my touring plans for it. My experience has been that the morning EMHs are not typcially as heavily utilized as evening EMHs.

buddyleebaby
06-26-2008, 01:49 PM
We went last month on a EMH day. We arrived at 9 and the park was not crowded at all. We walked on to most of the rides.

Momof3Labs
06-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I actually diasgree. While they will be busier than they normally would those mornings, I wouldn't change my touring plans for it. My experience has been that the morning EMHs are not typcially as heavily utilized as evening EMHs.

My experience in December was the opposite, but my sample size was small ;)

caheinz
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
July is the most crowded time they have. June is a close second. (Christmas week is bad, too.)

We were there the first week in June, and avoided anything EMH. There was only one morning at one park that was really crowded -- and that was Magic Kingdom on the Gay Days "MK day", plus it was a Saturday. Nonetheless, we were able to avoid the worst lines, and had done everything we wanted to (it was our second half-day there for the trip) before 1:30pm.

For the most part, for the whole trip, we were able to walk on to rides. I think the longest we spent in any line was under 15 minutes.

At least two places that make suggestions for the best ways to tour the park suggest avoiding EMH days -- one is the site associated with the Unofficial Guide book. I suppose if too many people start to take that advice, it might eventually make it invalid. (But, seems like people here are more likely to research extensively than I suspect the average visitor to WDW is...)

funfam
06-27-2008, 10:03 PM
When we went we paid a service to create our itinerary and touring plans and they never had us at a park with an EMH morning. The results were great for us. The Custom Mouse Plans kept us out of long lines and we never waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything!

teddy
06-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Of the 3 days we're going to MK, only one does not have EMH. Guess we'll be at that part bright and early! The other days, which are EMH, we have ADRs for breakfast (one at 8am, one at 10:30am) so maybe we'll go to the park in the afternoon.... unless someone else has advice?

What is the website for the Unofficial Guide? I have that book but haven't read it thoroughly enough to find out the site. Thanks!

Momof3Labs
06-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I find that during the slow season, afternoon in any park is fine - except for MK. The only way we've had luck doing MK (short lines, etc.) is by going first thing in the morning. Usually by lunch we leave because the lines are getting longish (even during the slowest season). Can't comment on busy seasons - we avoid WDW then.