PDA

View Full Version : Advice/comments on biodegradable liners for CD

foodiezen
06-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Would love comments on experience and advice for biodegradable liners for CD...which brand do you use? When did you start using it? I think it will help me stick with CD longer. Thanks!

o_mom
06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Are you talking about the flushable paper liners?

I love them and wouldn't CD without them :). I personally like the Diaperaps brand. I have tried Imse Vimse and Gerber in the past. I liked the Gerber, but they are no longer made and technically were not flushable. The Imse Vimse just weren't the right size for us. I have not tried the Kushies or BioSoft that come on a roll.

ETA: We started using them when we started solids.

KrisM
06-26-2008, 08:39 AM
We use the Imse Vimse brand. I use the smaller size only as the big ones are too big. I also started when solids started and wouldn't want to CD without them. I do not have a minishower as the liners are fine. Plus, the liners are great when you're out, too.

tylersmama
06-26-2008, 08:43 AM
We use the Imse Vimse ones, too, and have been very happy with them. The baby size ones are plenty big enough. They also hold up well enough to re-use several times if they don't get pooped on. I just throw them in the wash with the dipes and keep using them until they start degrading.

foodiezen
06-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware of the Imse Vimse brand. Will look into it. I thought biodegradable liners were only the flushable kind. I didn't know there were ones you can throw into the wash that biodegrade too. I guess I was thinking about the flushable kind so it can make laundering and use (convenience) easier.

o_mom
06-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware of the Imse Vimse brand. Will look into it. I thought biodegradable liners were only the flushable kind. I didn't know there were ones you can throw into the wash that biodegrade too. I guess I was thinking about the flushable kind so it can make laundering and use (convenience) easier.

All of the ones mentioned are pretty much the same material, it is just difference in size. We flush them with poop, but if it is just pee they go in the pail with the diaper. They are usually good for one or two trips through the wash. If they come out of the wash too far gone, then they get pitched.

I know some of them say not to flush, but IME that is mainly CYA on the part of the manufacturer. I have flushed all of them with no problem. If you have very old plumbing that is prone to clogs, or a septic system, then you may not want to flush or go with one that says flushable.

I would get a pack of one brand and try them to see how the size works for your diapers.

Joolsplus2
06-26-2008, 10:11 AM
You aren't really 'supposed' to wash and reuse them, it's just that they are sturdy enough to do so (I think most of us accidentally throw one in the wash and find they survive and use them again :D )
I have the Kushies on a roll and like them pretty well (sometimes they wad up and don't hold 'all' the poo but it's still better than nothing!)

jyllebean
07-04-2008, 01:55 AM
We use the diaperaps liners and are pleased with them. Like a pp said, they can be reused if not pooped on, just wash with the diapers, but don't put them in the dryer or they stick to everything. It actually said on the package that non-poopy liners can be used over 3-4 times. Helps to save $$. And I also agree with pp who said I'm not sure I would cd if not for the liners!!

MmeSunny
07-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I also use the Kushies liners and would NEVER cd w/o them. They go through the washer and dryer if not pooped on. Yes they stick to the microfiber towels but I peel them off and stack them up and reuse them. They are great!