PDA

View Full Version : Crosspost - Leapfrog.com Issues

icunurse
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I just feel that I need to warn people who have purchased in the past or are considering purchasing in the future from Leapfrog.com the following email that I received today:

This email is to notify you that, due to a system error, your credit card was
not charged the correct tax amount for an item or items you ordered and received
late last year.

Your card will be charged for the balance due on Order #xxxxxx in the amount of
$6.94.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This order was placed 7 MONTHS AGO! Personally, I don't feel that it is right for a major comoany, such as Leapfrog, to suddenly "find" an error on a purchase - THEIR error, mind you- and try to charge me for it. I know it is only $6.94, but it is 7 months later! I know many others purchased from their site at the same time that I did (Christmas sale), so watch your email, you could be next. Buyer beware.

ECMom
06-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I got the same email for a purchase made last November. I agree seven months is too long but I guess they wouldn't have done it if it wasn't legal. They are required to pay the sales tax to the state the purchaser resides in so I guess this is a bill Leapfrog wasn't willing to foot.

robertrose
06-30-2008, 03:07 AM
how ridiculous. I just got the email today.

I don't even remember which account it came out of! Oh how I wish it was a cc that was expired. I bet they'd have a hard time charging it this late. lol.

Grace