PDA

View Full Version : Low Jack for Loveys?

niccig
06-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Every nap and bed time begins with the same routine - search for DS's lovey. There has to be a way to put a homing device inside the lovey, so I can turn it on rather than turning the house upside down. We try to always put the lovey in the same place, but it doesn't always work.
Any ideas?

deannanb
06-26-2008, 07:14 PM
hahahahaha.... we really need that invention too!

do you have an extra lovey you could keep in the room for emergencies?
we went 2 weeks without blankie because it was hiding in a box in the den. The extra blankie worked - wasn't the same, but it worked.

how old is your son? coud he understand leaving the lovey in the room after sleeping?

veronica
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I second having extras. DD has discovered extras and now requires two of hers for sleeping but I always have a third one in "mommy's secret place". she is always so amazed when I can find "lambie" so quickly......

o_mom
06-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Two words... DUPLICATE LOVEY!!!

We have three of each of the boys' lovies. I even lost one of DS1's for a loooong time and found it a year later (I was making a costume based on it and put the model in the bag with the materials). The extras stay in the drawer of a tall dresser when they are not in the wash. So far they have not found out there are extras (like seeing Janet and Michael Jackson together or something....). I just bought three of the same lovey for DS3 and hopefully he will get attached to it or I will have some for the gift closet.

Oh, yes, and rotate them - DS1 it took me forever to find extras and when I gave him a new one he asked what happened - why was it so soft. I told him I gave it a bath. :D

niccig
06-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I can't have extras. Lovey is one of the dolls that was made with hair because my DS was obsessed with my hair. We did buy a back-up but the hair's not quite the same and DS won't use it. We'll have to get better about putting him in the same place when we wake up, so we can always find him. Maybe I need to make a little doll bed, so lovey can be put there.

veronica
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
If he won't keep his lovey in the bed and it must go with him either around or out of the house-what about a little backpack? hey may soon find it to be too cumbersome and start letting go except for sleep time....

bubbaray
06-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Lovey stays in crib. I have 2 sets, so there is always a backup lovey in the closet, rotated when bedding is washed. But, lovey stays in the crib, not just in the room.

FWIW, Ikea makes small beds: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10101664

hillview
06-27-2008, 01:31 PM
What about something like this? Could you put the ring on the lovie?
http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2795570
/hillary

niccig
06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
I could try putting the ring on the lovey. Or get better at always putting him in the bed. Either option would make nap time a little easier

Aishe
06-27-2008, 11:53 PM
What about something like this?

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=487760

It doesn't get great reviews, but maybe it would be adequate if you're just using it in the house?