PDA

View Full Version : best bag to gate check zippy?

moismom
06-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive/ easy bag to protect my zippy when we gate check it?
Thanks,
Kinsey

Celsior
07-28-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm taking DW and DS to Florida in a few weeks. We, too, may be leaving Chitown too with a Zippy, and I'd like to know if there are any alternatives to Inglesina's stroller bag. Any suggestions?

moismom
07-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I ended up finding a maclaren travel bag on craigslist for $15 and it worked perfectly. It had wheels so I actually put the stroller in the bag before we got to the jetway and just rolled it down that way I didn't have to do it in a hurry. The stroller made it both ways unscathed. You might look on ebay or craigslist.
-kinsey

brismom
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
we gate checked our Zippy and there were a couple of scratches otherwise it survived well

Celsior
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Did you use a stroller bag to store your Zippy when you gate checked it?

we gate checked our Zippy and there were a couple of scratches otherwise it survived well

brismom
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
no we didn't have a bag, I was a little apprehensive at first but it worked out fine without a bag

DomMom
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I just traveled last week with my Zippy and used the red "gate check" bag you can get at BRU for about $10 or so I think? It's a very tight fit especially around the wheels but the Zippy does fit if you try! The bag rolls up into it's own little zipper pouch which is nice. I just had it in the back pocket on my Zippy and when I reached the gate area I let the baby crawl around on the floor and I stuck the stroller in the bag. Then just carried the whole thing down the passageway to the gate check area - easy peasy!

WatchingThemGrow
07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
We're bag fans here. Our Mac has been through gate checking a couple times and looks it. Our Bug and BJ always get bagged. They are more precious to us. I think the Childress gate check bags are available through walmart.com shipped to store if BRU is not close by.