PDA

View Full Version : 3 day potty training

maestramommy
06-27-2008, 01:09 AM
I saw a link to this site called 3 day potty training. You have to buy an ebook for $24, but the claim by the author is that she is mentoring you (through the book?) to train your kid in 3 days.
http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

Anyone have success with this method?

citymama
06-27-2008, 03:49 AM
There's a potty training expert in San Francisco who people swear by - Julie Fellom - and hers is also a short, intense PTing method. Stay at home 3-4 days, have the kid go commando style, easy potty access - several pottys in the house - no underwear or training pants, and definitely not pull-ups. No undies or trainers for the next 3 months - just commando style. There's lots more to it as well, but I don't have the details as we didn't try that method! (We're on the 3 *month* program, it seems!)

I do know a couple of people who have had major success with that method (both moms to boys) and a friend with a girl for whom it worked less well - she seems to be on the same slow and steady program as my DD.

jhrabosk
07-01-2008, 04:24 PM
My friend bought that package and is trying it this weekend with her 2-year-old daughter...I can report back next week, if you'd like!

missliss55
07-01-2008, 04:42 PM
We did a 3 day potty training and it worked for us. DD#2 still has the occassional poop accident in ther underwear every once in a while. What is also pretty cool is that DD not only potty trained for daytime but also for naps and bedtime all at once. I had her still wear a diaper for the first couple of weeks when she slept, but since she was always dry I let her wear underwear and she has only had 1 accident. I got the info from friends who used it and it worked for them too. DD was ready to go on the potty and this training info talks about having them wear underwear so that they know what it feels like if they have an accident. Also if there is an accident (which there will be) there is no shame in it. If you would like me to e-mail it to you, send me a message with your address.

melissaflorida
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I did the 3 day training method without knowing there was a book! We stayed home (mostly) no pull ups or diapers. Just a long tshirt and plenty of access to the potty. My dd is 2.8 and we had 2 or 3 pee accidents in the first day. But after that it was done. The key is not to go back to pull ups or diapers. Keep them in underwear and ride out the storm.

My dd needed to see/feel the effect of going potty.

HTH,

Melissa

AngelaS
07-02-2008, 12:15 PM
I used potty training in a day w/my second and it worked perfectly for her!

It didn't work with my third, but one out of two's not terrible.....

bubbaray
07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Anyone use either the 1-day or 3-day method for a child in daycare?

With DD#1, our daycare required us to use pullups until she was completely 100% trained. I need to train DD#2 before she's 30m so I can move her to a different center (that we're on the waitlist for).

TIA

egoldber
07-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Sarah potty trained in about 3 days. But that's probably because I waited until she said to me "Mommy I want to use the potty" :ROTFLMAO:

lilycat88
07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, we did. DD was in daycare and we needed to have her PTd by August. We did a 1 day training at the beginning of May (she was 35 months old). We "ran out" of diapers and told her we didn't have any more so she would have to use the toilet. We got up on a Saturday morning and it was diaper free from that moment on. She had several accidents during the day but we decided to go ahead to a Cinco de Mayo party that afternoon/evening with her in underwear and us taking a couple of changes of clothes. It was at the home of a pediatrician so I wasn't worried about accidents. She did fine. She went to church the next morning in underwear and then to daycare on Monday in underwear. For the first few weeks in daycare, we always had a few changes of clothes and they were fine with accidents. There were surprisingly few until she went on a poop strike for a few weeks where she refused to go on the toilet but that was over pretty quickly. They didn't allow pullups at all. The key for us was to make sure she was ready and that daycare was onboard with taking her to the toilet every hour. They set a timer and every child was given the opportunity to go to the toilet every hour. For DD when was newly toilet trained, they made sure she went AND sat on it every hour. As she became more reliable, they loosened up and let her decide if she needed to go.

racerl1
07-03-2008, 01:58 PM
We've done the 3-day training about 2 weeks ago, and we have very few accidents - mostly if DS gets too busy playing to think about going. DS still wears a pull up for naps and bedtime, but almost always wakes up dry. How do you transition to underwear for bedtime?

g-mama
07-03-2008, 02:02 PM
How do you transition to underwear for bedtime?

I always put Pull Ups on at night before I risked using underwear overnight. Then once I noticed they were waking up dry and/or waking up at night to use the potty, I started putting on underwear at night.

In our case, it took about 3 months when I felt confident to try, but I think many other children take much, much longer before becoming nighttime potty trained.

jhrabosk
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
To update...my friend did have success with the 3-day program as well!

I'm torn...part of me wants to just wait for that "mommy, I want the potty" moment and part of me just wants to get it done.

TonFirst
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
We did in three days, too, but I didn't know there was a book. Honestly, I think the only thing that could prolong potty training beyond three days are those infernal Pull-Ups.

hillview
07-22-2008, 03:26 PM
We did it in a couple of days (but still going).

Sat we did undies til nap time and on the potty every 30 mins. He had 2 accidents (wet) when DH forgot to put him on potty. He was given ice cream for poops and had 3 ice creams. We stayed inside til 5 pm when he ran around naked in the sprinkler til 7.

Sun we did undies til nap time and took him to the circus and had him go potty every 30 mins. No accidents all day.

Mon sent him to preschool he pooped in his diaper and wet once at home (grandpa was late getting him to potty). No accidents in the evenings.

Tues sent him to preschool and no accidents (so far).

Nap times he is in diapers and overnight he is in diapers. I am thinking that at some point he will start to ASK to go potty. So far, only 2 times but I am hopeful :)
/hillary

racerl1
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
We did the 3-day potty training about 1 month ago. He wears underwear during the day, and pullups at naptime and bedtime. DS does really well when we're out, but when we're at home, he seems to get too busy to think about going. Even if he has an accident and is playing with his toys, he won't tell us he had an accident. DS is suppose to start preschool in a few weeks and HAS to be 100% potty trained. Any suggestions?

Mommy Meg
01-20-2009, 03:00 PM
We did a 3 day potty training and it worked for us. DD#2 still has the occassional poop accident in ther underwear every once in a while. What is also pretty cool is that DD not only potty trained for daytime but also for naps and bedtime all at once. I had her still wear a diaper for the first couple of weeks when she slept, but since she was always dry I let her wear underwear and she has only had 1 accident. I got the info from friends who used it and it worked for them too. DD was ready to go on the potty and this training info talks about having them wear underwear so that they know what it feels like if they have an accident. Also if there is an accident (which there will be) there is no shame in it. If you would like me to e-mail it to you, send me a message with your address.
Could you please e-mail me this 3 day potty. I'd love to try it.:bouncy: