PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning!!

niccig
06-27-2008, 02:36 PM
This is a vent.

First off, I'm not a perfect houskeeper, my house does get messy and somewhat dirty, and I don't expect houses to be pristine. I'm not a germaphobe and I have used the 3 second rule with food on the floor for me, not DS he's told to put it in the trash.

I have a friend who is very sloppy at cleaning. I don't want to open the fridge, and when invited to help myself, I get a can of soda because it is sealed and I know not past the expiry date. I don't eat over there and rarely eat their pot luck contribution. Everything is just so grimy. When I take DS to the bathroom, he tells me it's stinky and it is. I'm not about to tell them to clean their house, I think they just don't see it. But it really grosses me out...

tnrnchick74
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Some people have different ideas as to "messy", "tidy", and "filthy". I'm sorry you have to expose your son to that mess! HUGS! LOTS of hand gel!

SnuggleBuggles
06-28-2008, 04:01 PM
As I was walking around trying to do some chores today I thought of this thread. I feel like I am doing my best to keep my head above water with the basics (clean clothes for all of us, clean dishes, picked up decently, clean bathroom sink and toilet- that sort of thing) that things like the inside of the fridge totally get bumped to the bottom of the list. Like you said, things in there are usually sealed so I admit that I am not all that concerned if there are spills or something in there. Yeah, I'd love it if everything in my house was gleeming clean but it just isn't going to happen at this point in my life. Please don't judge me too harshly if you open my fridge and see that spill of something in there (I know it is there, it's sticky and I couldn't get it clean with one effort so I gave up and moved on :)).

Of course, my sister's house is a total bio-hazard so if your friend's house is really in that league then you totally have my sympathy! Yick! I avoid using the bathroom there and am not a fan of eating there either.

Look at it as immune system building when you go there. :)

Beth

niccig
06-28-2008, 05:31 PM
I didn't mean to make people feel guilty about their house. Mine is not sparkling. I am not the white-glove patrol. My dad is like that and I tell him to pick up the duster while he's checking the book shelves, so at least they get done for this year.

When I said the house was grimy, I am talking bio-hazard levels, you don't want to touch anything. And I'm not the only one to notice. I've had a few friends tell me they're uncomfortable visiting them because of the state of the house. One friend said she won't sit on the toilet seat and other friends won't eat the food either. There's a lot of back story to the situation, and I don't feel that I can even say something. And it's sad if people are avoiding visiting them. She did ask me about a couple of problem areas and I offered advice on what cleaning products worked for me, and I had an extra can, so I gave it to her.