PDA

View Full Version : Which Radian...and where's the lowest price?

WatchingThemGrow
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
As a follow-up to my 3 across in CR-V question, I've ended up with a Radian 80 which was returned to BRU. The mom who bought it online posted it on CL, then returned it to the store. I happened to find it both places and begged the mgr. for an addt'l discount from the already marked-down price. After taxes, it is mine for $228. Interestingly, I emailed the CL posting to ask if it was the same one. She happened upon the reclining bar that didn't make it back to the store and brought it to me today - what luck! Hope the seat has everything else it did originally.

Anyway, this is basically a spare seat for DH's 2001 Accord and for my 2005 CR-V for any other little passengers we may need to tote around over the next few years. I don't *think* we'll need to use it RF or for anyone under 1 or over 65 lbs, making the extra padding/headrest, extended weight capacity useless and expensive.

I gave away my 20% off code for CSN stores strollers.com, but I'm wondering if I should return this seat and wait for a sale/code or any discount on a RN 65 instead. A 20% off code could yield me almost $70 if I traded down, which I could use. Do you know of anywhere that sells them for less than $200 or has a code that works?

Joolsplus2
06-27-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012FGH90?smid=A3QPI67VXJMY38&tag=pricegrabber2-baby-20&linkCode=asn
(not sure if shippings free? Can you buy through ebates maybe? fatwallet? coupon 'visasaves' might work).

RN 65 is adequate for most kids...that's the weight of the 'average' 9 year old, and the 'average' 6 or 7 year old is too tall for the harness on this seat.

WatchingThemGrow
06-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks, Jools for that link. They charge shipping, though which raises it quite a bit. The next lowest I've found is Dmartstores.com - shipped for $180. I still want cheaper, and from a place I've heard of.

Joolsplus2
06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, they used to typically be $149, I guess they are too hot of a seller now?
I know someone who bought it from Dmart and was happy, anyway :)

WatchingThemGrow
06-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I read on car-seat.org that techs can get them for $129. Would it be unethical for them to purchase one for me (my neighbor may be dating one). And a friend said she got a seat of some sort through the Red Cross, maybe, for really cheap. know anything about those ideas?

niccig
06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
You could try Amazon and apply for an Amazon card to get that discount - if you don't mind an extra card. A friend did that with the Natilus and she save a far bit.

o_mom
06-28-2008, 08:25 AM
The tech price does not include shipping - usually $20-30 for that heavy of a seat. Still a better price, but you also cannot choose covers, you just get a random one.