PDA

View Full Version : Will Britax MA cover fit Decath.?

LisaMom2Allie
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I am looking for a new cover for our Decathlon and have seen MA covers on Ebay-aren't they essentially the same seat-would a MA cover fit the DC?

Also, if anyone has an old cover they would like to sell-I am in the market LOL! I was trying not to spend $80 for a new Britax one.

I know that you shouldn't buy covers from anyone but the mfg. but I have seen so many on ebay and someone must be buying them-any opinions or does everyone only have official covers? I realize the flame retardant issues and such but can the other covers really be THAT bad? Just wondering!

Thanks!
Lisa

Joolsplus2
06-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Britax (at least one of their higher up employees who is not longer there...) said it really doesn't matter *that* much if you use an aftermarket cover... so a tech friend of mine bought one, for more than a new Britax cover, and it was made terribly..so I guess there's a possible quality issue you might have to contend with...? (Personally, I wouldn't use a custom cover...I'd rather have the peace of mind using the correct one for the brand)
yeah, you can put a MA cover on a DC, the only fit issue will be with the harness adjuster area not being the same shape/size.
www.car-seat.org also has a swap area where you can buy things, lots of people list stuff (car seat obsessed people, who would have taken good care of their covers and will be honest about any possible flaws :))

LisaMom2Allie
07-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Julie,
Thanks for the info-you are wonderful to reply to all of these questions that we have!

I kept looking on ebay and decide dto just go for an 'official Britax' cover that was described as perfect condition but still paid $50 still cheaper than Britax and I thought I would take a chance. I didn't quite feel comfortable about the other covers-thought they would either be TOO padded or not enough.