PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Advice, please

QTMichele
06-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and looking for your advice. We live in "Hooterville" where I can find mainstream baby products. It's very difficult to find higher end products unless I shop online or drive 2 hours. However, I'm very interested in the Peg Perego as my main stroller. I'm looking at these models:

Pliko P3 Classico
Uno

What are the main differences in these strollers? Would you suggest one over the other and why/why not?

Also, I've found that I can get a much better price if I look at the 2007 models. What do you know about the 2007 Centro Completo and the 2007 Uno?

Pros and cons to any/all of these models is GREATLY appreciated.

By the way, I would like a stroller that isn't bulky when folded - a lighter weight stroller is better too. Also, I am looking into the Combi as an umbrella stroller IF the Peg is too big for errand use (narrow aisles in malls, for example).

THANKS a ton!!!:bowdown:

bubbaray
06-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Those three strollers are all very different and they don't really compare well to each other.

The P3 is an umbrella fold with a snack tray, toddler step, excellent canopy and floating harness. It compares to the Zippy and the Chicco C1 (discontinued in the US) and somewhat to the Techno (which has no bumper bar or snack tray or toddler step, nor can the Techno take an infant seat like the other three).

The Uno compares best to the Peg Venezia, which it replaced. It has a reversible handle, toddler step, floating harness and nice canopy. It has a book fold and is heavier than the P3.

The Centro compares most to a Graco stroller (the Quattro, I guess). Its definitely a more plasticky feel than the other Pegs. It has a nice sized basket and a toddler step.

ETA, my pick of the 3 is the P3, which is a great all-around stroller. Great for errands, even with an older child and especially with 2 children, as it has the toddler step. I have a 2007 and IIRC, there aren't any major changes for 2008.

QTMichele
06-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks so much for the great info, Melissa. I found a store less than an hour away that carries *some* Peg Perego products - I'll have to take a test drive. ;)

OH... I've read a few reviews that mention the P3 feels a little "wobbly" - would you agree? I have a hard time believing that a Peg is going to be made so cheaply that it will fall apart, but, then again, I don't think a more expensive stroller is necessarily "better."

THANKS again!

bubbaray
06-30-2008, 01:12 AM
OH... I've read a few reviews that mention the P3 feels a little "wobbly" - would you agree? I have a hard time believing that a Peg is going to be made so cheaply that it will fall apart, but, then again, I don't think a more expensive stroller is necessarily "better."

Its designed that way, its part of the suspension. Its NOT cheaply made nor prone to falling apart. Both my girls love my P3 (and DD#1 loved the Pliko I had when she was younger).

Of the 3 Pegs you mentioned, the Centro is, IMO, the most cheaply made. IIRC, its also not made in Italy and the P3 (at least mine) is.

You have to remember that the Italian made Pegs (and, actually, any European made stroller) are designed to handle cobblestones. So, generally speaking, they have better suspension than strollers made mainly for the North American market.

QTMichele
06-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks again for your help. I have a few friends that have owned Peg's, and they've all loved them. Unfortunately, very few people around here buy them (price, availability, etc.) - Graco is a huge seller here. Graco's fine, but I'm not looking for something as big and bulky as their Quattro. THANKS again for clarifying the "wobbly" feeling.

Fabiana Radunsky
07-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new here and looking for your advice. We live in "Hooterville" where I can find mainstream baby products. It's very difficult to find higher end products unless I shop online or drive 2 hours. However, I'm very interested in the Peg Perego as my main stroller. I'm looking at these models:

Pliko P3 Classico
Uno

What are the main differences in these strollers? Would you suggest one over the other and why/why not?

Also, I've found that I can get a much better price if I look at the 2007 models. What do you know about the 2007 Centro Completo and the 2007 Uno?

Pros and cons to any/all of these models is GREATLY appreciated.

By the way, I would like a stroller that isn't bulky when folded - a lighter weight stroller is better too. Also, I am looking into the Combi as an umbrella stroller IF the Peg is too big for errand use (narrow aisles in malls, for example).

THANKS a ton!!!:bowdown:

Michelle: I've just order online the UNO. With my first son i borrowed a Peg Perego and it was great. You'll find any of the styles on sale 10% off at www.healthchecksystems.com . Fabiana

Tondi G
07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Just wanted to chime in here and say that we had an older Pliko and upgraded to a P3 when our 2nd came along. We LOVE our P3 Pliko. The fold is nice and compact... it's lightweight enough but is sturdy too. We use ours indoors and outdoors... at Disneyland and the Zoo etc. The sun shade is nice and large. You can use it with any infant seat in the very beginning for quick errands. I highly recommend the P3! Of the 3 Peg Strollers you mentioned I think the P3 will suit you the best!

QTMichele
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Tondi! We just purchased the Pliko P3 - we're going to give it a try and see if we like it (or return it and try again...). From all the comments, it seems like a good all around stroller. Unfortunately, it can't be used with other infant seats (at least the current 2008 models can't be), but I'm okay with that since I like giving the baby a little more 'breathing' room than the car seats offer. Plus, the baby won't be in an infant seat for too long so the stroller is more important to me than a 'stoller system' (does that make sense?). THANKS so much for your input!!!