PDA

View Full Version : Mac Triumph or Mac Quest

atlbkk03
06-30-2008, 10:29 AM
We are looking for a light weight stroller that we can use every day with our 6-month old DD. The use is prettly much a walk in the neighborhood (some uneven sidewalks and paths in a park).

We narrow down our choices to either a Mac Triumph or a Mac Quest. Could someone tell us pros and cons of the 2 models? Or if you have any other recommendation on a stroller of similar price range, we are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

abh5e8
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
i like the recline and footrest extension on the quest, but for just walking in the neighborhood, you may not need those "nap" features.

although for uneven sidewalks and paths, i would think an all terain with air filled tires or maybe even 3 wheels would be a much better choice.

lorinick
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Also not sure about the Mac for use Rougher area. We have the Quest. We love the foot rest and the relcine. My son is 11mts. old and we still use the the foot rest. We mainly use stroller for quick trips to mall stores and quick walks.

amycoh
07-01-2008, 05:10 PM
I have the triumph, and will be ever jealous of the quests - it is worth the splurge for the leg rest alone. The triumph is an easy getting around stroller - dont get me wrong, but all kids end up napping in their strollers eventually - and the leg rest feature is needed for comfort. Now that Cal is 2 and a half, I finally splurged (on super sale of course) for a Mountain Buggy, and it is night and day comfort wise for both of us, but for a travel stroller - you might want to also check out the uppababy glite - at only 8 pounds (although it also does not have a leg rest) everyone that has one loves it.

twinsplustoddler
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I have the Quest as our "car stroller" (we keep it in the car and use it on errands or we take it when we travel). I love it, especially loved the recline when she was younger and would nap in it.

However, I don't find that it handles that well on even minor bumps in the sidewalk so I wouldn't recommend it for walks to the park, etc. The other thing I don't like about it that would bug me more if it were my every-day stroller is that there is no snack tray or bar in front of her where you can put toys, snacks, etc. Also, as she is older now, when she gets fussy about being in the stroller, she can almost get out of it now b/c there's nothing there.

But all in all, I think it's a great stroller, jsut not sure how it would handle on longer walks.

HIU8
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I have the Quest. A great stroller for errands IMO, but not for neighborhood walks. With uneven sidewalks and paths I would get an all terrain stroller like the BJCS or something with air tires. The small plastic tires do not do well on those types of surfaces. JMHO.

HTH

pomegranate
07-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I also have a Mac Quest and was deciding between the two as well. I was shopping mostly at BRU and was using the 15% off coupon that regularly comes around. The colors on the Triumph were nice IMO but I ended up with a Quest for the added features (further recline, footrest, more padding). I ended up being able to combine several coupons and got the Quest for only about $150. We really like the Quest. Great for the mall and quick trips. I also have a Mountain Buggy Urban Single, which we use for longer walks and the park.