PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Taurus: Tether Anchor Install?

secchick
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I am LIVID with our local Ford Dealer. We had our 1997 Tauurus in for some repairs and while it was there, we instructed them to install tether anchors (for free). It has otherwise been a really sucky customer service process, but we picked the car up today (and thank goodness I was there because DH would never have noticed) and of course, NO tether anchors. Ugh. So I told DH to go in and ask about it and he said they said they couldn't do it. I know that is a lie, but does anyone have the part, LATCH manual information to confirm that tether anchors can indeed be installed in a Taurus of that vintage?

Thanks!

DaniannieB
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
According to the LATCH manual:

Tether anchor hardware can be obtained free of charge from any Ford dealer.
For 1989 and later models, Ford will pay their dealers to install tether anchors according to Program R7C.
1997 Ford Taurus 4D Sedan has three drilled holes in the rear filler panel. The kit is called "Tether Strap Anchor Kit" and includes a template, 8mm bolt, and plate bracket with weld nut. The second part number is F6DZ 54613D74-A.
1997 Ford Taurus Wagon has three factory installed tether anchors in the cargo floor under snap-off covers. There is one for each second row position.