PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for care package to 10 yr old boy in camp

luvmypeanut
06-30-2008, 02:26 PM
My godson is in a summer program somewhere in MA and I would like to send him a care package. Maybe some munchies? I know he does not have access to pc for email and is only allowed one daily phone call. His mom says it sounds like jail! Anyway, I think he'll be quite homesick so a care package might cheer him up. And kids love getting stuff in the mail!

KpbS
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I know when I was at summer camp--I loved getting letters and photos--so maybe you could include some of those in your package. I would suggest a couple of paperback books, stickers, gum. Maybe a guidebook of some kind depending on the nature of the camp--eg. an insect id book.

HTH

LarsMal
06-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know how much your looking to spend, or if this is even something he can receive, but maybe it will have some ideas if you can't send it.

http://www.eswak.com/ccp.asp

Pennylane
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
How about some popcorn, crackers, and some hard candy. I'm sure you could ask his mom what type of books he likes and send him a paperback...Oh, how about some Mad Libs?? I loved those! I've also seen some cute Camp Journals. Maybe a itty bitty book light so he can read at night?

Ann

P.S Don't forget to make sure they are allowed to get food. Some camps don't allow certain foods or any to be sent.

deannanb
06-30-2008, 03:49 PM
target dollar spot - I bought a bunch of Hulk stuff to send off to DS in a few weeks. cheap etch-a-sketch, bouncy balls
parachute soldiers - little soldier guys with a parahute attached
mad libs

and like pp said - be sure to check about the food. I know the worst feeling was getting a box FULL of food from my aunt - and I couldn't have any of it!