PDA

View Full Version : What are you allowed to bring into the park?

catcombs
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
We are going to Disneyland for the 1st time with our children and I am trying to figure out if we can bring a small soft sided cooler for snacks and milk and that kind of thing. I just don't want to pack it and then be stopped at the gate. I have seached all over their website and I can't find anything that says you can or can't.

TIA

Momof3Labs
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes, you can. At WDW, all bags are searched, but I've never had any food or drinks confiscated. Alcohol or glass containers may be a problem, and weapons are definitely a problem (security confiscated a loaded handgun from a woman while we were there - she "forgot" that she had it in her purse).

hbridge
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
We had no trouble brining in a small cooler with "blue ice" and sippies of milk. They just checked in the bag and waved us through.

I was thrilled since finding milk inside the parks wasn't always an easy task...

supercalifragilous
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I hang a huge cooler off the stroller filled with bottles of water and another backpack full of snacks (grahams, goldfish, pretzels, Cheez-Its). You can actually pack a lunch - they just request that you eat it in the picnic area outside the park, but I see tons of people eating it @ the parade or restaurant or a bench in the park.

One tip - since DL is a full-day trip, instead of ice packs, I just freeze extra bottles of water. I throw in string cheese, fruit, and edamame in the cooler as well.

Having that extra food+drink really cuts down on the amount we spend on food @ the park.

catcombs
07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone. We did bring in 2 coolers with yogurt, hard boiled eggs, milk, cheese, apple sauce, juice boxes and various other snacks. The women at the gate very half heartedly looked in the one cooler that had the sippy cups. And we just served the kids in the restaurants that we ordered our food at and nobody ever said anything to me. It was fantastics - my DD is very picky eater and doesn't eat "normal" kid food at restaurants so it saved us lots of $$ and alot of hassle. And we brought water bottles for ourselves which was very nice. I will definetly do the same the next time we visit Disney.