PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens diaper deal will be back 7/20-26!! Wait until 7/25-26 see post #51!

Momof3Labs
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
***ETA that this deal will be back from July 20-26 so if you didn't get a chance to fill your garage last week (Jo...), you have another chance!***

I know that many of you are on a budget so wanted to share this incredible deal on diapers at Walgreens this week. It is only on Walgreens store brand diapers, which might not work for some of you but I've used them with DS2 (2yo) with no problems. And I like that they aren't perfumey like Pampers and Luvs.

So, here's the deal. Jumbo packs of Walgreens diapers are on sale for 5.99 this week. If you buy 3 of them, you get a coupon for $5 to use on your next purchase within the next two weeks (if you use one of those coupons to buy more Walgreens diapers this week, you WILL NOT get another $5 coupon). The bonus is that there is a coupon in their July monthly booklet for $5 off of 2 packs. This works out to 10.50 plus some tax for three jumbo packs of diapers, plus you get back $5.

Spelling it out in more detail: go to Walgreens. In the front of the store, they have a rack of weekly sale ads and little coupon booklets (the "EasySaver Catalog") for July. Grab a coupon booklet and flip to page 17. You don't have to tear out the coupon or give them more than one per transaction - they scan it and the computer takes care of the rest.

Go get three jumbo packs of Walgreens dipes. This includes their regular and premium lines, and also their pull-ups. Proceed to the register.

The dipes will ring up at 5.99 per pack (they are regular 7.99, I think - even if the stores don't have up signs, the deal is in their weekly ad). So your total will be around $19 including tax. Show them the coupon to scan - they do not need to take it. The coupon will take off 2.50 per pack, or 7.50 total. So your total will be around $11 and change. Pay, and your receipt will print out along with a coupon for $5 off of your next purchase at Walgreens. The $5 coupon expires two weeks after it prints. Tuck the $5 coupon in your wallet, bring the dipes to your car, and if you want, repeat with another three packs of dipes. Don't buy more than three packs at one time; you will only get one $5 coupon per transaction.

Don't know what to get for free with your $5 coupons? Formula, Aquaphor, Triple paste, baby wipes, toothpaste, razors, make-up, cereal, gallons of milk, photos, more diapers, the list goes on and on. You cannot use them to pay for prescriptions or buy gift cards with them. You can use the $5 coupons right away or come back another day and use them.

Note that you cannot use more than one $5 coupon on a single item. So, if you buy a can of formula, you cannot use 5 $5 coupons to pay for it - you should grab four pencils or other really cheap items so that you'll have at least as many items as the coupons you are using.

Size 5 diapers have 26 per jumbo pack. This works out to paying around 14 cents a diaper, plus you get $5 in free stuff. I do a lot of deal-hunting and couponing, and this is by far the best diaper deal I've seen in the last year.

Let me know if you have any questions, and go clear those shelves!!

KrisM
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a great deal!

But, 3 packs at $5.99 each is $17.97 + tax. So, taking $5 off that is $12.97 + tax, not $10.50. Still a good deal!

Momof3Labs
06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a great deal!

But, 3 packs at $5.99 each is $17.97 + tax. So, taking $5 off that is $12.97 + tax, not $10.50. Still a good deal!

I didn't explain that well. It will take off 2.50 for each pack, even though the coupon says $5 off of 2 packs (yes, I've personally confirmed this). So your total will be 10.50 + tax.

christiedavid3
06-30-2008, 05:05 PM
There is another coupon that I found in a little flyer on the front table for an additional $2 per pack of diapers. I got 3 packs of diapers for $4.50, plus $5 in RR!!!:jammin:

Momof3Labs
06-30-2008, 05:22 PM
msg deleted

missym
06-30-2008, 06:09 PM
There is another coupon that I found in a little flyer on the front table for an additional $2 per pack of diapers. I got 3 packs of diapers for $4.50, plus $5 in RR!!!:jammin:

Please be aware that if this is a pharmacy booklet coupon, the wording says $2 off regular price, so it should not be valid for this promotion. There may be other coupons out there, but you may want to check the fine print.

KrisM
06-30-2008, 06:45 PM
I didn't explain that well. It will take off 2.50 for each pack, even though the coupon says $5 off of 2 packs (yes, I've personally confirmed this). So your total will be 10.50 + tax.

Ah! I'm a CVS shopper and don't do the Walgreen's as much, so I didn't get that. Thanks for clarifying!

missym
06-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Walgreens also had Huggies Pull-Ups Mega packs on clearance for $10.xx, and Clean Team flushable wipes for $1.99. Combined with manuf. coupons for $2 off Pull-Ups and $3/2 CT, I felt like it was a good deal. I split my order into 2 transactions so I could use my $5 OYNO from the Walgreens diapers. :cheerleader1:

karolyp
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
target has a good deal on pampers right now. there are some target printable coupons at a full cup - $5 off purchase of pampers dipes & wipes, and a coupon good for a $5 target gc if you buy pampers dipes & wipes. Combine this with pampers mgft coupons and you've got a good deal too! I don't know if target policy will let you use both target coupons at the same time. Mine did - but ymmv.

KrisM
06-30-2008, 09:11 PM
target has a good deal on pampers right now. there are some target printable coupons at a full cup - $5 off purchase of pampers dipes & wipes, and a coupon good for a $5 target gc if you buy pampers dipes & wipes. Combine this with pampers mgft coupons and you've got a good deal too! I don't know if target policy will let you use both target coupons at the same time. Mine did - but ymmv.

Official Target policy is one Target and one Manu. coupon per item.

calv
07-01-2008, 09:48 AM
what would you compare the W brand diapers to?

christiedavid3
07-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I would compare the Walgreens Supremes to the Huggies Supremes. They are nice and soft, absorb well, and have elastic in the back and front. Oh, and nice stretchy tabs too. We really like them.

karolyp
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Lori - I picked up 6 packs for around $16 and change! Thank you so much for the heads up on this (and on Target's policy too). I'll probably go back tomorrow for more!!

Caly - I got both the premium (in the red package) and the plain comfort strech (in the white package). I don't think they are as nice as the CVS generic ones, but they are still very nice (i think they are more similar to white cloud). The only difference between the white and red packages is the premiums have more colorful designs in them, and the velcro tab is bigger, not much else! hth!

missym
07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't think they are as nice as the CVS generic ones, but they are still very nice

I like the CVS premium dipes slightly better than the WAGS ones, too. But at about $2 a package, these will do just fine! :)

ett
07-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for posting this deal. I picked up 3 packs of diapers today, and it did take $2.50 off each pack, but I did not get any $5 coupon printed from the register. Did everyone else get the $5 coupon to print from the register? I'm in MA. $10.47 for 3 packs of diapers is still a very good deal. I'm going to try these on DS2 tomorrow and if I like them, I may go back for a couple more packs.

Momof3Labs
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for posting this deal. I picked up 3 packs of diapers today, and it did take $2.50 off each pack, but I did not get any $5 coupon printed from the register. Did everyone else get the $5 coupon to print from the register? I'm in MA. $10.47 for 3 packs of diapers is still a very good deal. I'm going to try these on DS2 tomorrow and if I like them, I may go back for a couple more packs.

Did you get the ones that rang up at 5.99 each (sounds like you did)? If so, take your receipt back along with the weekly flyer (also available in the store) and show them the deal in the flyer and explain that you didn't get your $5. Hopefully they'll give you a gift card. Sometimes the Catalina machine that prints the coupons is slow or not working. If they give you a hard time, post back and we'll help you try a different avenue.

If you do try the deal again, don't leave the store if you don't get your $5 coupon back - the managers are usually more cooperative if you point out the problem right away (but sometimes not, you never know).

Suebell
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I didn't get the $5 catalina either - I'll swing by tomorrow and hopefully get a giftcard. Great deal anyway - thanks so much!!

ETA: ah! I reread the OP - I used my original catalina on a second purchase of dipes and that is why it didn't print. So to those who don't pay enough attention (like me!).... if you use the $5 catalina on another purchase of walgreens dipes you will not receive another $5 catalina! :)

veronica
07-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I went, bought three packages and it came to almost $18. I did get the $5 printout though. I took them to the car, and then found the additional coupon. I walked back in and the manager credited the original purchase and I re-bought them, coming to $10.47. I then got two more packages and two packages of disposable wipes for $1.99 each and spent just $6 more. The bonus of it all, when we did the return and re-buy, I got another $5 coupon. The manager noticed, I offered to let them keep it since it was honest, but she said it was fine.

I am sending DH back for more today!! Thanks, OP.

Jo..
07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
This is by far the best diaper deal I have EVER seen. I am always missing out on the CVS deals because I don't have any stores near me, but I have TWENTY-EIGHT Walgreens within a half hour radius. I wish I had the energy to hit them all.

I did go out first thing yesterday and went to three stores, buying 6 packages at each store. I asked the cashier nicely each time if they could ring them up as two separate orders and they did, no questions asked.

So I wound up getting 18 packages for $63 plus tax, and getting 6 $5 coupons...So I spent $33 on 18 jumbo packs of dipes. I was giddy.

I may go out again today to see if anybody has any left. It's hard shopping when you are 9 months pregnant AND carrying a two year old everywhere, otherwise I swear I'd fill my garage.

THANK YOU!!!:bowdown:

hellbennt
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
THANK YOU!!!
I truly appreciate this! I happen to love walgreens diapers
and I bought 3 packs last night- one thing is I find they run a bit smaller than pampers so if you've never bought them before you *might* want to size up...for instance my 2yr old ds can wear size 4 pampers, but I get size 5 in walgreens

thanks again!
oh & interesting note: my walgreens had the flyer & it said buy 3 & get the $5 coupon (that's what I did), but my friend in another neighborhood found a smaller, rectangular coupon book at her Walgreens & THAT said buy 2! for the coupon (that's what she did)....

THANKS AGAIN!!!

spunkybaby
07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Does this deal work for the Walgreen's training pants also? If so, I may have to go to Walgreen's today!

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Does this deal work for the Walgreen's training pants also? If so, I may have to go to Walgreen's today!

Thanks!

Yes it will.

ett
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Did you get the ones that rang up at 5.99 each (sounds like you did)? If so, take your receipt back along with the weekly flyer (also available in the store) and show them the deal in the flyer and explain that you didn't get your $5. Hopefully they'll give you a gift card. Sometimes the Catalina machine that prints the coupons is slow or not working. If they give you a hard time, post back and we'll help you try a different avenue.

If you do try the deal again, don't leave the store if you don't get your $5 coupon back - the managers are usually more cooperative if you point out the problem right away (but sometimes not, you never know).

Thanks for your help! I went back to Walgreens today and explained what happened and they just gave me $5 in cash. I bought another 3 packs of diapers and made sure that my coupon printed out. I don't think people in my area realize what a great deal this is because there were still tons of diapers on the shelves. Thanks so much again for posting this deal since I usually don't shop at Walgreens and don't get their flyers.

spunkybaby
07-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Let me know if you have any questions, and go clear those shelves!!

Thanks so much, Lori! I did what you said and cleared my Walgreens of the girls' 2T/3T & 3T/4T training pants. I bought 12 packs of diapers, and it worked exactly as you said :)

Thanks again!

btw--I saw your post about your DH in the Lounge. I'm sorry and will be praying for you, your DH, and your family.

karolyp
07-03-2008, 06:59 AM
CVS just mailed me a $4 off $20 coupon - do you think walgreens would take it?

hmmmmm

Corie
07-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Lori,

I no longer need to buy diapers since both of my kids are potty-trained.
Finally.

But I do want to say thank you for posting this awesome deal. More
importantly, I want to say a HUGE thank you for posting out the step-
by-step instructions.

The whole CVS/Walgreen's shopping is totally overwhelming to me
(and lots of other people)
and you helped out so many women with this thread and by
completely explaining how to do it.

That was incredibly nice of you to take the time to type it up!! :)

Thanks so much!

spunkybaby
07-03-2008, 10:26 AM
But I do want to say thank you for posting this awesome deal. More importantly, I want to say a HUGE thank you for posting out the step-
by-step instructions.

Thanks so much!

ITA! There aren't any CVS stores over here, so I have pretty much ignored the CVS diaper deals. But I was able to follow your Walgreen's instructions, and they worked perfectly. Thank you so much for telling us exactly what to do and what to expect :)

egoldber
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Well I got the best deal ever on Huggies today LOL!! I usually don't bother with the diaper deals because invariable they are out of Amy's size, etc. And usre enough, I trek into Walgreens and they are out of all size 5 Walgreens diapers. I asked if they had more in the back and they said a truck just came in, but it was hard to say and they wouldn't be unloading until later. But then the person said the manager said I could have ANY other jumbo size 5s I wanted for the $3.49 price! So I got two jumbo packs of Huggies size 5 for $7. :cheerleader1:

karolyp
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Lori,

I no longer need to buy diapers since both of my kids are potty-trained.
Finally.

But I do want to say thank you for posting this awesome deal. More
importantly, I want to say a HUGE thank you for posting out the step-
by-step instructions.

Thanks so much!

Yes - thank you SOOO much!!! That was very nice of you to do this for all of us and I am so grateful!!

Jo..
07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
ITA...I saw the deal on Slick Deals, but passed it over because it seemed like too much work/thought.

Your step-by-step instructions were easy as pie and saved me a FORTUNE.

Thank you!:love-retry:

happymomma
07-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Lori,

THANKS so much for putting the step by step directions! You are so cool! :bowdown: I just stopped by Walgreens and bought 9 packs of diapers. It was awesome!!!

calv
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
A HUGE thanks for helping yet another mama out. We CD for the most part but these will come in very handy. YOU ROCK!

Thanks again! :D

melonkelli
07-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks so much! The step-by-step instructions were really helpful. And we got some other things that were on special with the certificates!

Jacksmommy2b
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks so much OP!

I just snagged one deal's worth (3 packs) to see if we like them.
I used my $5 RR on a box of 400 walgreen's wipes that were on clearance for $6.29.

Not too shabby - a little under $12.00 for 3 jumbo packs and 5 packs of wipes!

My walgreens also had Huggies boxes of wipes (385 to 400 ct) on clearance for $6.29. The walgreens 'pamper' version were the other ones on clearance. (J is allergic to huggies wipes)

You might want to check for them when you go to do the deal!
You can't beat it!

SASM
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Thank you so much, Lori, for the awesome deal on diapers. I snagged the last three premium jumbo's in DD's size and got a raincheck for 6 more (they would do the Huggies/Pampers replacement thing for me like they did for Beth). NOT BAD!!! I was hoping to find the additional $2 off coupons that a PP had mentioned but I didn't see one anywhere. Could someone describe it to me? Where did you find it in teh store? I didn't see anything near the pharmacy.

Thank you again! Even if we do not love them, cannot beat it at 10 cents a dipe!!

hellokitty
07-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Lori, TY so much for sharing this deal with us and walking us through it step by step. I am one who is also really easily intimidated by the CVS deals, so I often end up avoiding them. This was so easy! I got six pks of dipes and HOPE that by the time I am finished with those, my almost 3 yr old will be potty trained. Thanks again!

o_mom
07-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Thank you so much! As PPs said, your directions were super clear, even DH could follow them. :)

I ended up just getting two more packs with my $5 coupon since I couldn't think of much else to get and didn't want to forget to use the coupon. In all, it was $12.50 + tax for 5 packs of diapers (3 premium, 30 ct, 2 regular, 34 count size 4) so 158 diapers. Works out to $0.08 per diaper!!

I hope this will last us until we get back to cloth :cheerleader1:

rds97
07-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes, thank you, thank you, for this awesome deal! I limited myself to 6 packs, since I already had a Costco size box of dipes, but maybe I should have bought more!

- Rebecca S.

Momof3Labs
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Bump. The same sale will happen July 20-26!

Jo..
07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
woot woot! I am soooo all over this!!!:cheerleader1:

Thank you!!

Wife_and_mommy
07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Bump. The same sale will happen July 20-26!

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to get myself in there next time.

mimixiao
07-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Thank you! Will go to Walgreen to grab a booklet tomorrow. This is such a great deal!

Suebell
07-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Will the $5 catalinas be printing out too?

Momof3Labs
07-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Will the $5 catalinas be printing out too?

Yes, the whole deal will be active again from 7/20-26.

Suebell
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
yay! Thanks again sooo much for telling us all about this.

theloo
07-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have a spare pharmacy coupon? I can't find one anywhere! I'd be happy to send you a SASE! :)

linsei
07-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have a spare pharmacy coupon? I can't find one anywhere! I'd be happy to send you a SASE! :)

Do I need to already have the coupon boooklet? I planned on getting one at the store when I go to next week to redeem this offer. Thanks!

sdoyle
07-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Do I need to already have the coupon boooklet? I planned on getting one at the store when I go to next week to redeem this offer. Thanks!

No, the coupon book is a little red booklet at the front of the store. They don't take the coupon (it is good all month) and you can use it again and again.

Stacy

linsei
07-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks for clarifying Stacy!

kijip
07-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Awesome- I will use this to stock up for work big time. :)

Momof3Labs
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
The deal just got better!! Ya know that little July booklet with the $5 off 2 coupon in it that you picked up in the front of the store? That coupon expires on July 26. The little booklet for August is coming out on July 25, and has another coupon for $5 off of 2 packages of diapers in it.

What does this mean?

3 packages diapers @ 5.99 each = 17.97
less July $5 off 2 coupon = -7.50
less Aug $5 off 2 coupon = -7.50

Pay 2.97 for 3 packs of diapers. Get back $5 coupon to use on your next order!

Whoa!!!

Now, the caveats. Many stores don't put out their August booklets until the July booklets expire, even though they overlap. But Walgreens will have the August booklet up on their website, and you can print the August coupon and bring it into the store with you. Here is the link to the page where it will be on July 25 (it's not there yet):

http://www.walgreens.com/store/rebateclub.jsp

The other caveat is that occasionally, a store will refuse to scan both coupons. Corporate policy is that you CAN use both coupons but some managers like to make up their own rules. If that happens, just try a different store (or a different shift at the same store).

Good luck!!

jerigirl
07-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Do you think that the stores restock during the sale? I am nervous to wait until the last day of the sale for fear that the shelves will be empty... Maybe not if enough people know about this last bit of info:)

ETA: You can also use the above link right now to print off the July coupon if you are not able to make it out to get the current Easy Saver catalog.

hellokitty
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow Lori, this is awesome! Thanks for telling us about the coupon book overlap! Unfortunately, my stubborn 3 yr old will not potty train and he has thinned out so much his cloth diapers now gap at the legs (so diapers leak). I will definitely be needing to stock up at walgreen's on disposables. It kills me to have to do it, but at the same time I am giddy with excitement that I can do it for a LOT cheaper than I would have thought it would be.

Momof3Labs
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Do you think that the stores restock during the sale? I am nervous to wait until the last day of the sale for fear that the shelves will be empty... Maybe not if enough people know about this last bit of info:)

I found plenty of stock at all the stores in my area during the last sale, even late on Saturday afternoon. If you live near some diehard Walgreens deal-seekers who know about this coupon overlap, it is possible that the shelves would be clean by, say, the 26th. So if there is a way to get out the morning of the 25th, I'd suggest that. It's soooo hard to say what you'll find. I live in the land of a Walgreens on every corner, and usually do quite well on any of their amazing deals, but I know that not everyone is that lucky.

Jo..
07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
I went out and STOCKED up on dipes yesterday...I didn't want to wait until the 25th and risk all the diapers being gone (they seem to sell out quickly here). I am VERY pleased to have gotten tons of diapers at less than 6 cents each (size 4).

Of course, I will probably go out again on the 25th and try my luck with the new deal...but if all the stock is gone I won't be THAT disappointed.

theloo
07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
The deal just got better!! Ya know that little July booklet with the $5 off 2 coupon in it that you picked up in the front of the store? That coupon expires on July 26. The little booklet for August is coming out on July 25, and has another coupon for $5 off of 2 packages of diapers in it.

What does this mean?

3 packages diapers @ 5.99 each = 17.97
less July $5 off 2 coupon = -7.50
less Aug $5 off 2 coupon = -7.50

Pay 2.97 for 3 packs of diapers. Get back $5 coupon to use on your next order!

Whoa!!!

Now, the caveats. Many stores don't put out their August booklets until the July booklets expire, even though they overlap. But Walgreens will have the August booklet up on their website, and you can print the August coupon and bring it into the store with you. Here is the link to the page where it will be on July 25 (it's not there yet):

http://www.walgreens.com/store/rebateclub.jsp

The other caveat is that occasionally, a store will refuse to scan both coupons. Corporate policy is that you CAN use both coupons but some managers like to make up their own rules. If that happens, just try a different store (or a different shift at the same store).

Good luck!!

Are you sure this is corporate policy? The coupon says "Not valid with any other offer."

Momof3Labs
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Are you sure this is corporate policy? The coupon says "Not valid with any other offer."

It is Walgreens corporate policy that two Walgreens coupons can be used together on a single item (along with one manufacturer's coupon on that item). There are letters from corporate on www.hotcouponworld.com (look for the Walgreens board) if you want to read them. That said, there's always a possibility that a store manager will say "no" but then some of them say that a lot when it comes to coupons of any kind.

daniele_ut
07-21-2008, 04:51 PM
I went to the Walgreens nearest my office at lunch today and didn't find the Walgreens diapers on sale at all. They were still 7.99 a pack. I didn't have time to ask an associate about it, but I do plan to stop at another store on my way home. Has anyone else had the same experience? I did check the weekly flyer and I didn't see the dipes in there.

calv
07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
nak. is there a link or copy of a letter/corporate policy to print off so that we can bring it w/us when we attempt to present the 2 coupons at once?

ett
07-21-2008, 09:23 PM
I went to the Walgreens nearest my office at lunch today and didn't find the Walgreens diapers on sale at all. They were still 7.99 a pack. I didn't have time to ask an associate about it, but I do plan to stop at another store on my way home. Has anyone else had the same experience? I did check the weekly flyer and I didn't see the dipes in there.

My Walgreens flyer had the promotion in it. I'm in MA.

Momof3Labs
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
nak. is there a link or copy of a letter/corporate policy to print off so that we can bring it w/us when we attempt to present the 2 coupons at once?

Go to the link I posted right above your post and go to the Walgreens board to find copies of e-mails that people have received from corporate. I've never had problems using both coupons, but even if they only let you use one coupon, it's still a great, amazing deal on diapers.

Daniele - it was also in my flyer this week. I'm in IL.

txgirl
07-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Does anybody know if you can purchase more than 3 packs of diapers at a time and have multiple $5 register rewards print out? Or do the transactions need to be done in quantities of 3?
Thanks!

jerigirl
07-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Does anybody know if you can purchase more than 3 packs of diapers at a time and have multiple $5 register rewards print out? Or do the transactions need to be done in quantities of 3?
Thanks!

I am pretty sure that you will only get 1 $5 coupon back if you buy more than 3 packs in 1 transaction. You need to ring them up separately to get a coupon for each batch of 3.

NewMom04
07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
The cashier said that 1 $5 reward per 3 packs of dipes and that if I use that $5 to purchase another 3 bags, it won't print out another $5. Being it was the 2nd Walgreens I was at and that I had an annoying customer behind me fussing on that long line, I just finished my 2 separate transactions but only got 1 $5 printed out. Is that standard policy?

Also, both Walgreens near me take both the weekly and booklet coupons from me. Should I be able to keep one?

While you're there, check out the mechanical pencils and other school supplies on sale. 5 cents a pack.

http://www.walgreens.com/dmi/school/default.html?ban=flh_back_to_school

skohng
07-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I think so. the last time this deal happened, I used the $5 reward on 3 packs of dipes, and no $5 reward was printed out. so it must be a corporate policy because otherwise it would have automatically printed out.

The cashier said that 1 $5 reward per 3 packs of dipes and that if I use that $5 to purchase another 3 bags, it won't print out another $5. Being it was the 2nd Walgreens I was at and that I had an annoying customer behind me fussing on that long line, I just finished my 2 separate transactions but only got 1 $5 printed out. Is that standard policy?

Also, both Walgreens near me take both the weekly and booklet coupons from me. Should I be able to keep one?

While you're there, check out the mechanical pencils and other school supplies on sale. 5 cents a pack.

http://www.walgreens.com/dmi/school/default.html?ban=flh_back_to_school

o_mom
07-22-2008, 07:37 AM

You should be able to keep the coupon - just don't tear it out, hand them the book to scan.

If you use the $5 register coupon it won't print another one. I found the best deal to buy three first, get the $5 coupon, then buy just two more with the $5 coupon. This gets you the $5 off 2 pack and then $5 off the total so that the second two packs are only $1 each.

calv
07-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Go to the link I posted right above your post and go to the Walgreens board to find copies of e-mails that people have received from corporate. I've never had problems using both coupons, but even if they only let you use one coupon, it's still a great, amazing deal on diapers.

Daniele - it was also in my flyer this week. I'm in IL.

I just figured you'd have the link handy. there are quite a few/actually a ton of walgreen threads/post so I didn't know where to look.

THANKS ANYWAY

daniele_ut
07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks Lori! When I went to the Walgreens near my home I found the signs showing the dipes on sale and found 3 in size 5. The downtown store just didn't have the signs up so I should have just had them scan the dipes. The cashier was a teenage boy who totally screwed up ringing the stuff and I ended up not getting the RR. I got frustrated trying to explain it to him and there was a growing line, so I ended up at a third Walgreens and had them return and re-ring the dipes and the deal finally worked. I used my RR and a formula check and got a basically free box of Enfamil 1 shot packs for the diaper bag!

I checked another Walgreens on my way to work this morning since I also need size 2s, but they have all been out of them!

Momof3Labs
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I just figured you'd have the link handy. there are quite a few/actually a ton of walgreen threads/post so I didn't know where to look.

THANKS ANYWAY

Here's a thread discussing people's experience with "double-dipping" on Walgreen's coupons. YMMV, but corporate has told people that it is allowed, and if it weren't, the computers would be programmed to disallow it or the dates for the booklets wouldn't overlap, right? It's not like this is the first month that there have been coupon overlaps - it happens every single month. I haven't had any problems with it, and shop at a number of different stores (we have probably 8 Walgreens within 5 miles of our house).

HCW is a pretty tight site - they don't allow anything to be posted if it is shady, so I am pretty trustful of what I read there. The way I look at it, what's the worst that will happen? You use one coupon, pay $10.xx for three packs of dipes and get back $5. Still an amazing deal on diapers.

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/walgreens/135751-july-august-esr-double-dips-july-25-26-a.html

So, as always, YMMV and if it doesn't feel right to you, then don't try it (or ask the manager first).

spunkybaby
07-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Thanks again, Lori! I just bought some more Walgreens pull-ups (training pants) with the July deal.

Just as a heads-up for others, the August coupon does not include training pants.

theloo
07-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know if these will work on all Walgreens (jumbo) diapers? There was some talk on another board that the coupons only worked on the older style diapers & not the new "W" brand packaging.

jerigirl
07-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if these will work on all Walgreens (jumbo) diapers? There was some talk on another board that the coupons only worked on the older style diapers & not the new "W" brand packaging.

I was able to get the white and the red packages (premium).

NewMom04
07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
I got the premiium in both the red and the new? light green packaging in jumbo size.

KrisM
07-24-2008, 04:59 PM
It is Walgreens corporate policy that two Walgreens coupons can be used together on a single item (along with one manufacturer's coupon on that item). There are letters from corporate on www.hotcouponworld.com (look for the Walgreens board) if you want to read them. That said, there's always a possibility that a store manager will say "no" but then some of them say that a lot when it comes to coupons of any kind.

I was wondering about that, too. The coupons in the ES book say they are manu. coupons only to be used at Walgreens. Does that wording then make them a "store" coupon so that you can use 2? Otherwise, it sounds like corporate policy would translate to only using July OR August ES coupoons, not both.

I've never tried using both though, so I don't know if it does or does not work.

floydaloyd1
07-25-2008, 08:39 AM
It works! It works! Dh is driving around now cleaning out all the Walgreens around us. He has gotten prices from 3.14 to 3.87 for the three packs. Don't know why the difference, maybe tax?, but we're not arguing. And here I thought the BRU 2 for 30 deal was good.
So many thanks for telling us about this deal.
BTW, the dipes I got on the 7.97 deal have worked great, contained two blowouts, for anyone wavering about trying these . They are just not as soft as Huggies but softer than BRu.
Melissa
DD 06-03-05
DD 06-01-08

mmama
07-25-2008, 10:26 AM
The coupon worked for me also!!! But the sales clerk was adamant that he keep the coupon. So you may want to print several copies of the coupon to take w/you. I was so excited to get 3 packs for $3 pre-tax that I didn't argue, but I would've gone back in for a second round given the chance.

BargainMomforLuke
07-25-2008, 11:54 AM
31 packs & counting! :) :) :)

I need to hit 3 more stores.

karolyp
07-25-2008, 03:11 PM
It worked for me too!!!! 15 packs and counting here!!!!!!

BargainMomforLuke
07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
This was my best method for getting the diapers for less than $0.80/pack, inclusive of tax.

First, buy the 3 packs. Give them both coupons. Check out.

Then, buy 5 packs & use the 2 coupons, plus the $5 off register reward coupon. You will need to buy 1 more small item that is 5 cents or more, as the $5 coupon cannot go towards tax & the packs of 5 diapers come up to $4.95 pre-tax after coupons. I bought a 33 cent piece of candy.

8 packs of diapers cost less than $6.50.

I bought extra packs for the women's shelter, too. If you have any facilities like this in your town, consider buying extras for them, as diapers are so expensive for non-profits & food stamps do not cover diapers.

The cashiers have been wonderful at the 3 Walgreens I've been to. They are amazed by the deal & more than willing to help.

Suebell
07-25-2008, 03:57 PM
What a great idea to donate extra dipes!
BTW- the training pants work with both the July & August coupons stacked! woot!

linsei
07-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm up to 18 packs. I would have gone to a few more stores, but this deal hunting is exhausting! :)

Thanks so much for posting this deal, Lori!

I only had one cashier that would only honor one of the coupons. Still not a bad deal at around $11.xx for 3 packs and $5 coupon for next purchase.

WatchingThemGrow
07-25-2008, 04:05 PM
One guy looked around for the August book for me. They weren't out yet. The cashier I went to first, said that they got an email from corporate this morning saying not to allow the use of both coupons. She wouldn't even try it, and she was stern about it, but I got the $5 coupons from both of those transactions.

Then, I ran into the guy who found the Aug. book, and asked if he knew if both coupons would work. He pointed me to the mgr. who said he would try it, and he did the different combinations of jumbo, clearance priced mega packs, etc. The first time it didn't work, but on the next set, he turned the coupon book upside down, and it DID work. If I tried to use the $5 coupons in conjunction with the ESR books, it didn't work.

12 packs later, I'm satisfied for the day. I felt like I spent forever in there. Maybe I'll try again if we go back in that direction tomorrow. I think some of them came to 4 cents each, not counting the $5 coupon. Thanks OP!

deannanb
07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
can we print and use the aug coupon from the link posted?

tia

Momof3Labs
07-25-2008, 06:09 PM
can we print and use the aug coupon from the link posted?

tia

Yes, that's what I did.

I'm feeling so far behind you guys at only 9 packs, but the deal isn't over yet!!

ZeeBaby
07-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info on this deal!

Does anyone know if the premium comes in size 1?

rds97
07-25-2008, 10:26 PM
As far as I can tell, premium does not start until size 3. :(

ZeeBaby
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
As far as I can tell, premium does not start until size 3. :(

Thanks! Hopefully the regulars will work well.

Wife_and_mommy
07-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks again, Lori! I have 8 packs of dipes. Will try to get a few more tomorrow.:cheerleader1:

I wasn't able to get the $5 catalina. The one store I asked didn't know what I was talking about. The second store didn't print it out either. Kinda stinks but I'm happy with $3.50/pack.

My stores didn't have the August book out but I just printed it for tomorrow's use.:yay:

linsei
07-26-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm feeling so far behind you guys at only 9 packs, but the deal isn't over yet!![/QUOTE]

Get back out there girly! Aren't they open 24 hours?!?

srhs
07-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Not to be greedy, but I have to ask:
Did everyone get charged tax on the precoupon price???

Still a fantastic deal of course!!! Just weird to pay $2 tax on $3 total.

And a huge THANK YOU to the OP!!!

melonkelli
07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks so much for posting this deal. I went out yesterday (Saturday) and got 15 packs at 2 different stores. The first store had the August coupon book and I had the July book in my bag -- I was able to get 6 packs of diapers using both coupons. The $5 coupon wouldn't print out (I guess the printer was jammed and I was the first customer to notice), so they opened the register and just gave me $10! The second store didn't have the August coupon books out yet, and I was able to pick up another 9 packages of diapers, plus I bought some tissue and wipes with the $15 coupons.

Awesome deal! Thanks OP!

Wife_and_mommy
07-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Not to be greedy, but I have to ask:
Did everyone get charged tax on the precoupon price???

Still a fantastic deal of course!!! Just weird to pay $2 tax on $3 total.

And a huge THANK YOU to the OP!!!

Yes, one always pays tax on the pre-coupon price. It says so on the coupon.

I stocked up on 28 packs of dipes. I did get some of the non-premium ones. If anyone know what they're like, let me know. I might return those if I don't like them. I have plenty to last a while.

Thanks again, Lori, for sharing this deal. I'm going to miss my Pampers Cruisers but will think about how little I paid for these when I'm wistful.:ROTFLMAO:

Happy Mommy
07-27-2008, 11:06 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TELLING US ABOUT THIS OFFER!!!! I was able to get a huge stash of diapers. Just an incredible deal. :) :) :)

Wife_and_mommy
07-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Another FYI if you missed it this time. The cashier at the last store I went to said this deal happens about once a month. The Wag dipes are on sale all the time.

I'm thinking I might return the first couple packs I bought. They were outrageously expensive at $3.50.:ROTFLMAO: I need to finish out the drawerful of dipes I started before I bought any of the Wags dipes.

Momof3Labs
07-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Another FYI if you missed it this time. The cashier at the last store I went to said this deal happens about once a month. The Wag dipes are on sale all the time.

I'm thinking I might return the first couple packs I bought. They were outrageously expensive at $3.50.:ROTFLMAO: I need to finish out the drawerful of dipes I started before I bought any of the Wags dipes.

I don't agree with that cashier. The dipes do go on sale for 5.99 about once a month, but not with the $5 coupon printing AND $5/2 coupons. Although given that we have the $5/2 coupon for August, there's a decent chance that they'll go on sale for 5.99 again, so would be 3.49 after the $5/2 coupon. But don't bet on the $5 coupon printing again for a long time.

ett
07-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes, one always pays tax on the pre-coupon price. It says so on the coupon.

I stocked up on 28 packs of dipes. I did get some of the non-premium ones. If anyone know what they're like, let me know. I might return those if I don't like them. I have plenty to last a while.

Thanks again, Lori, for sharing this deal. I'm going to miss my Pampers Cruisers but will think about how little I paid for these when I'm wistful.:ROTFLMAO:

It depends on the state. I'm in MA and we pay sales tax on the price after coupon. I used my Walgreens coupon today and bought $20 worth of taxable items. After deducting coupons, I paid $1.56 + $0.08 (5% sales tax).

Wife_and_mommy
07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't agree with that cashier. The dipes do go on sale for 5.99 about once a month, but not with the $5 coupon printing AND $5/2 coupons. Although given that we have the $5/2 coupon for August, there's a decent chance that they'll go on sale for 5.99 again, so would be 3.49 after the $5/2 coupon. But don't bet on the $5 coupon printing again for a long time.

You're probably right. She saw me buying dipes and ran to get me the pharm coupon($2 off/pack). That coupon with the $5/2 makes them $1.50/pack so still a steal. I didn't factor in the $5 coupon.