PDA

View Full Version : options for second car seat

sal799
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
i've asked about this before, but nwo really need ot buy something. have a marathon for my car, need soemthing for DHs car. it woudl be used pretty infrequently.
he has a camry. now, keep in mind that my daughter is pretty small- she is first outgrowing the her SNUGRIDE- not safeseat- now, at 11 months. she is now 28.5 inches, but still only weighs 17 pounds, so we will be rear facing for a good long while- os hte nautilus is out. also, she still has over an inch above her head in the snugride, but her legs are hanging over hte edge- she is all legs.
my options that i'm looking into-
1. cosco scenera
2. safety 1st uptown
3. graco comfort sport

others? looking to keep it under 100

Neatfreak
07-01-2008, 04:09 AM
I'd maybe add the Evenflo Triumph Advance to your list! It will cost more than te Scenera and Uptown, but it's more comparable to the Marathon in terms of longevity (higher weight limit and harness height).

mom2binsd
07-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Look for an Uptown at BigLots...very cheap if you can find it...skip the Comfort Sport or as I've seen it referred to the Cr*aposport....very low harness slots and a pain...the Triumph in some covers is also pretty cheap these days...if not the Scenera is so cheap and light...

christiedavid3
07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
We have an Uptown and really like it, it was well worth the $65 at Big Lots. We don't have a Scenera but have seen and played with it IRL and I'm not impressed at all. The Uptown is just soooo much cushier. The extra $20 or so is well worth it IMHO. Can't comment about the others.