PDA

View Full Version : Need easy link for expiration info-husband "doesn't believe"

lilye13
07-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi all,
Was just talking to a friend who had baby #3 and she was saying her husband doesn't believe that there are expirations dates for car seats. She is still using her snugride from '03 or '02.
So I told her I would try to get the most husband friendly info about why they expire. But I am having trouble tacking down good info.Thanks in advance!!!!!

KrisM
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Well, from the Graco FAQ page:

Question: What is the suggested life span of my car seat and why?
Answer: Car seats have a suggested life span of six years. With the changes in legislation, automobiles and technology, we suggest that a car seat be replaced upon its sixth year from the date of manufacture.

(http://www.gracobaby.com/customerservice/faq_category.aspx?catID=1#305)

ccather
07-01-2008, 09:07 PM
My husband keeps giving me grief whenever I mention replacing my '03 Marathon next yet. He thinks it's all bull and a scheme to get you to buy more seats. I'd love to see something solid to tell him too. My big answer is that it is non-negotiable and I'd never be able to live with myself should something happen to the kids in an expired seat.

I've been driving him nuts with the Crazy Carseat Lady act I've been doing lately as I try to outfit our new car with three seats across. Fun!