PDA

View Full Version : adult sun hat (big head)

mominmarch
07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I have read too many articles how skin cancer is on the rise and am looking for a good sun hat for our weekends at the pool and our beach house next week. I have a bigger than average head though and every time I try on straw hats at beach side hatshops, I can get them on but they are tight and they give me a headache after a short wear and then I don't wear them anymore.

I saw a mom at the pool the other day with a canvas hat one that looked great, big and floppy, but I neglected to ask her where she got it. Anyone have a great hat source?

StantonHyde
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
I hear ya! I finally got a hat from "Sunday Morning" that has a big brim and the flap on the back to protect your neck. It is breathable and has a chin strap. I got it at a gardening store but I have seen them in catalogs.

jvs195
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Sierra Trading Post carries quite a few.

shilo
07-02-2008, 01:54 AM
i lurve my wallaroo's. wouldn't really call it canvas, but a densely woven fabric that holds it's shape. i've put mine thru the washing machine on delicate and they hold up well. it's spf 50. you can wear the brim down as shown or flip it up for a better view (but a little less coverage). this one has a soft cord inside the crown you can tie as tight or loose as you want to adjust the size. i have an avg. sized head for a woman i think and i take a good bit out of the crown size when i tie it, so i think you'll be fine. i paid full price for my white one two years ago, but then picked up the blue at the end of the season sale last year for about half price... they go quick tho.

http://www.rei.com/product/750255?cm_re=pageContent*alt_searches_reiNo2*walle roo%20%20%20Wallaroo%20Casual%20Traveler%20Hat%20% 20Womens

hth, lori