PDA

View Full Version : Park at resort, monorail to MK?

teddy
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi again, experts,
We have ADRs for breakfast at Grand Floridian one day and Contemporary another day. Since we are staying off-property, can we just drive to the resort for breakfast, leave our car, and ride the monorail to MK after we eat? Or do we have to move our car to the MK parking lot? I can't seem to figure that out from the various and assorted site/books/etc I have access to! Thanks!!

Momof3Labs
07-01-2008, 03:23 PM
You may get away with not moving it, but you may not. Security will know that you are there for an ADR (you check in when you enter the lot) and if they notice your car hours later, you could be towed. But YMMV - it may be fine.

egoldber
07-01-2008, 05:25 PM
In theory, you only get 3 hours of resort parking with a dining reservation. What I would do is just park at the TTC (MK parking lot) before breakfast and take the monorail to the hotel.

I will say that I have, in the past, parked at the GF for a dining event and then gone to the MK for several hours and had no trouble. But it was an afternoon event, not for breakfast, so I wasn't there all day.

caheinz
07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Yep. If you're staying at the resort, you get a parking pass that you have to display. Not sure how long you could go without that before they would notice, and not sure what the penalty would be.

The parking for the MK is at the Ticket and Transportation Center. If you park there and get on the resort monorail (NOT the express to the MK!), the GF will be the second stop -- not bad at all. You could then take the monorail or the boat (from the GF) over to the MK. (And then monorail or ferry boat back to the TTC for your car later.) (The GF boat is technically for resort guests (GF and Poly), but they neither ask nor check, or didn't when we were there one month ago (we were at the Poly).)

For the Contemporary, it might be easier to park twice -- once at the hotel, and then again at the TTC after breakfast. The resort monorail route is a one-way loop -- GF, MK, Contemporary, TTC, Poly, repeat. You'd end up doing two full loops by the end of the day if you were to start at the TTC and take the monorail around.

egoldber
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
For the Contemporary, another option is to take the the boat or monorail to the MK and then walk. Its a short walk, just past the end of the bus depot. :)

aim3304
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
We have a similar question. We will be staying at All Star Music and have a dinner reservation at the GF. Will our parking pass be ASM-specific or is a generic Disney resort parking pass? Just wondering if we could park at the GF and then use the monorail or boat for the evening. Anyone know?

egoldber
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Your parking pass is specific to your resort. I would be a bit concerned about parking there at night because the lots get full at night as people return from the parks. I'd be more concerned about the attendants patrolling at those times. But I don't know for certain they do that, it's just my guess.

teddy
07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Once again, thanks for the info. Seems like the best thing to do is park at TTC and ride the monorail or a ferry. The kids will love that!

jessmela
07-04-2008, 07:47 PM
If you valet park you can stay at the resort all day. The valet parking at the resort costs about the same as parking at the TTC if you're staying offsite (and don't have an AP for free parking).