PDA

View Full Version : Flying alone with an almost 4 year old and 10 month old...

lmwbasye
07-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Which do I bring? I almost certainly need some sort of double, both for getting through the airport (we do have a connection) and for possible long days (zoo, etc.).

I will also be using the same option for Disney in October, so purchasing something new is not out of the question (although DH will be home on R&R for that).

TIA!

hillview
07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I have children of similar age (oldest is 3).

For me it depends on if you have carseats with you or not.

If you have no carseats then I'd CHECK the E3. And Ergo or other carry for the infant and have the 4 year old walk with a backpack and I'd have a backpack. You can get the electric carts to take you if you are going a distance on the connection.

If you are taking carseats, I might take the E3 and carry on the double seat. You could load the stroller up with a carseat or 2 / bag and put the infant in the front seat and have the older child walk.

Good luck -- love to hear how it goes :)
/hillary

HIU8
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Personally, I would take the P3 since there is a step on back for your older DC to stand on. I am also taking a 1 yr old and a 3.5 yr old on a trip alone. DS is very good about walking and holding on to the stroller (we do this daily to get into preschool). I am taking our P3 and leaving our Twin Rally and BJCSD at home (the BJ is a huge stroller that I won't need all the time and the Twin Rally is a bear to push with two kids). Plus, at zoo's etc... you can rent doubles so you won't need to schlep yours around everywhere. Just a thought....