PDA

View Full Version : ID's for kids in Disney?

sophiesmom
07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Heading to Disney soon w/ the 3 kids, and was trying to figure out a good idea to maybe have some kind of id on them in case they got lost (which i hope would NEVER happen!). Would mostly want our cell phone numbers on it.

Was thinking a nametag on a string, but didn't really want it around the neck. Could do a sticker on their back? Do they sell id bracelets anywhere that i could put our info on?

Thanks!

MaiseyDog
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
What about something like this

http://www.safetytat.com/

Momof3Labs
07-02-2008, 11:14 AM
We did those rubber bracelets with our cell phone numbers. Both boys ended up wearing them on their ankles (less likely to play with them and lose them). I don't remember where I got them but could look it up if needed.

On previous trips, we got an engraved tag from the machine at Petsmart and put it on DS1's shoelaces.

Both of those worked well because they were waterproof and couldn't be read by a passer-by, but they were obvious enough for someone to find on a scared (or non-verbal) child, if needed.

luvmypeanut
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
This is the link for the bracelets
http://www.reminderband.com/index.php

We've done the name tags from the pet store for Disney trips before and I safety pinned them to their clothes since they wear velcro shoes. I love the safety tats. Will have to order them for our upcoming trip.

bubbaray
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
We do the pet store ID tags. I've actually had good luck using them on Velcro shoes, but it depends on the shoe I guess.

jwozy
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
We have bought labels from Mabel Labels, they sell wrist labels and easy to use. Ours just say if lost please call and list both mine and my dh's cell phones.

http://www.mabel.ca/

cchavez
07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
are the bracelets small enough for a toddler to wear?

thomma
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Before we went to Disney in March I ironed labels onto the inside back of all ds and dd's shirts and sweatshirts. The labels had our last name on them as well as my cell phone number. The nice thing is most of their summer clothes are now labeled for summer vacation. :)

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

jerigirl
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Stuck on You Labels have "Stick With Me" wrist bands to write a name and phone number on.

https://www.stuckonyou.biz/usa/index.asp

Momof3Labs
07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
are the bracelets small enough for a toddler to wear?

Yes. DS2 was 22 months when we went. They offered a toddler size band. I think that we ordered from Buddy Bands or something - I'd have to dig through e-mails to double-check.

pantrygirl
07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I can't recall where I read these tips but I thought they were helpful so I cataloged them in my brain:

Take a digital photo with your camera/camera phone every day so you have the exact outfit your kids are wearing.

Pet ID tags are great, around shoes as shoes are usually the last thing predators change on a kid.

They also make little id tattoos. They aren't permanent so water rides may wash them out but should be considered.

Hope these help. Great thread. Keep the suggestions coming.

sophiesmom
07-03-2008, 04:31 PM
wow, i'm overwhelmed! so many to choose from! I didn't think I'd get this many ideas!

I lilke the tatoos, except my 2 1/2 year old hates tatoos. could get her something different.

thanks again!

jwozy
07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
The 411 Wristbands from Mabel's Labels should fit toddlers just fine. The bands are 1.5" by 9.5" and all I do is trim one end so that it's a good fit. My twins are 4 years old and the bands don't even bother them. Our's just say if lost please call and list mom's and dad's cell numbers.

sophiesmom
07-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried to order mabel's labels and the tatoos, but I didn't allow myself enough time for processing and delivery since we leave in a week.

I did order 'who's shoes id' for each kid. It's a flap that velcros onto shoes. Inside you write info like numbers, dr. #, allergies, etc. Also ordered 3 of the rubber wristbands from wristbands now, and shipped them to my friend in FL and hope they will arrive in time! They just have 'if lost call: my cell number'.

I do like the mabel's labels, and may order them when I get back if the other things dont' work out for us! We go to Phillie's games, the zoo, and wouldn't even mind using them at the mall!

Thanks again~

kboyle
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
i plan on ordering from here...i'm pretty sure they have a youth & adult size.

eta: duh...a link would've been nice http://www.shanrene.com/custom-wristbands.php

i also just came across these: http://www.mabel.ca/mabel.php?n=my%20411%20wristbands

sophiesmom
07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
well the shoe ids are great, hold a lot of info, but best for use on sneakers. it bothered my oldest girl w/ sandals, but my son wore it all week! they loved the wristbands too and wore them all week.

the 2 1/2 year old wore nothing, being 2 1/2! she was in stroller most of time at least!

sophiesmom
08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, my worst fear came true this past thursday night. DS (5 years old) became lost on one of the ride piers at the Ocean City NJ boardwalk. It was very crowded, and he was lost for 5 - 10 minutes, which were the WORST minutes of my life.

Of course, this trip I forgot all my kid id stuff I had bought for disney. However, if he was wearing the rubber wristband (which wouldn't have been visible since he had his sweatshirt on), or the shoe id, I don't know that an adult would have noticed it right away, and he is too young to point it out (and he was very upset). I'm thinking that some type of pin might be best for him. I will be looking for that, but if anyone has suggestions that would be great.

Thanking God every minute he got back to us safely. I can't even imagine what parents of missing children go through.

JTsMom
08-25-2008, 08:41 AM
:hug: That must have been so scary! I haven't seen pins, but I'll bet you could use a safety pin with one of the dog tags. There are also those clear buttons they make where you can print something off of the computer and slip it in- Office Depot and the like probably have them. I've also seen necklaces with dog tags.

I've been working on teaching DS our "real" names (as opposed to Mommy and Daddy) and our home and cell numbers b/c I'm so afraid of him slipping away during our upcoming Disney trip. I still want backup, but he is doing a great job of memorizing the info, so I'd give that a shot too. One thing that is helping DS a LOT is practicing actually dialing the numbers. He loves to talk on the phone, so it's a built in reward for him. I'm also going to teach him how to find a cast member or a mom to help him.