PDA

View Full Version : Tori Spelling needs to adjust her son's car seat straps

luvmypeanut
07-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Ok, let's ignore the fact that I was watching Tori and Dean last night. There was a clip of her son in his car seat and the straps were one or two slots higher than they should have been. So what do you think, should I go to her website and leave her a message to get that checked out? :D

g-mama
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
LOL, I'll ignore the fact that you watched it if you'll ignore the fact that I did, too. ;)

Not only were they too high, they were twisted and super loose!! I noticed that right away.

KrystalS
07-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I love this show lol! I also noticed the carseat and was very surprised. I don't think they were in their car, maybe just riding with someone else to the book party? Because in a previous episode Liam was in a rearfacing seat. I honestly can't imagine her putting him in a Graco Cargo, not that theres anything wrong with it, after he was in the Orbit infant seat, those seats are expensive!!

elektra
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
It's possible Orbit gave her that seat and stroller for free and maybe she didn't get a free one this time.
I don't hate Tori Spelling or anything but it kind of bugs me that she is sort of using her kids to make $. I saw her in a Sketchers ad with her little boy right next to her. I guess he was modeling the Sketchers kids line but I guess it just seemed a little weird that he was doing the ad too.
I totally watched the whole Tori and Dean Inn Love while out on maternity leave though. ;)

pastrygirl
07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Tori and Dean are back on TV? When and what channel? I was totally hooked on Inn Love.

lmwbasye
07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Yep...I watch too. I believe it's on Oxygen now.

g-mama
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
It's on Oxygen on Tuesdays at 10. It's called Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood now that they're not running the inn anymore.

pastrygirl
07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Thank you! I just set Tivo to record it. I've been running out of "junk" TV to watch! :)

firsttimemommy
07-02-2008, 11:14 PM
This is one of my favorite shows! I don't advertise that, but since I'm in good company here.... :)

I think what draws me to this show is their relationship - soooooo different than mine and DH! LOL I just love it that they are soooo in tune with each other and can say and do ANYTHING and they think it's funny/cool. Plus they are both very quick witted.

I noticed the car seat straps being too high too! Also, in one shot the car seat is on the passenger rear outboard and in the shot where they are travelling to the book signing it's on the right, so I agree with PP that it was probably a different car (although in both cars it was a Graco Cargo)

What was the stroller they pushed when they were looking at houses? Not the one on the beach with Mimi LaRue in it, the one they had earlier in the show (with I'm assuming Liam in it!)....

Ok, maybe I pay TOO much attention to this show! But it's my one guilty pleasure each week (I rarely watch TV otherwise)

BTW, if you missed it, Oxygen reruns it at least 30 times before next week's episode... :)

elektra
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Looks like Tori is getting paid by Graco. I guess the product placement worked if we all noticed!
http://blog.gracobaby.com/2008/05/27/guest-celebrity-blogger-actress-and-mom-tori-spelling/

pastrygirl
07-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I watched an episode today -- the car seat shot was AWFUL!!! I wonder if you could just pluck Liam right out of that seat without loosening anything. :( I think it's odd that Tori is so concerned about her babies in utero, and goes to the doctor all the time to make sure everything's OK, etc... but they miss the boat when it comes to vehicle safety. I'd love to try to find a way to contact them. Not that it would make a difference... but I feel like if someone could get their attention, they might take it to heart. Especially since they seem so cool!

I think what draws me to this show is their relationship - soooooo different than mine and DH! LOL I just love it that they are soooo in tune with each other and can say and do ANYTHING and they think it's funny/cool. Plus they are both very quick witted. I watched it today, and had this same exact thought!! They are just SO in tune, and seem so fun. I used to think my husband and I were like that... and then Toby came along! :ROTFLMAO:

What was the stroller they pushed when they were looking at houses? Not the one on the beach with Mimi LaRue in it, the one they had earlier in the show (with I'm assuming Liam in it!).... It's a Baby Jogger City Series Mini. I have the same one but in red. Love it! But never use it. I bought an Uppa Baby G-lite a few weeks after I got the Mini, so now the Mini gets no love. Next baby, maybe!

mom2binsd
07-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I was just watching and can't figure out why if Graco is giving her stuff why not give her an age appropriate seat...the one she has is one of their cheapest ones...don't they have a plushier convertible that isn't also a belt positioning booster...and the kid is just one (not even??) and he's forward facing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have or haven't shopped for a Graco seat...I have MA's but aren't there SafeSeat convertibles or the dubious Comfort Sport...it seems that they must move the carseat around a lot...that is their Escalede though... but wow he's such a little peanut to be forward facing...I'd be more worried about him in a carseat inproperly while being chased by the "paps" than he concern with the baby inutero damaging her liver by punching through layers of uterous etc with unborn baby fingernails!!!!!!!!!!!!