PDA

View Full Version : Weight limit question

proudsahmof3
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Okay, this is kind of stupid, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but. . . When a seat says it is RF to 30 pounds, does that include 30 pounds? To clarify, would the seat need to be turned when the child hits 31 pounds? Or goes from 29 to 30? We won't be encountering this for a while yet, but an extra pound translates to a few extra months RF for my kid. Same with forward facing convertibles to 40 pounds. What's the answer here?

Joolsplus2
07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Try for as close to the weight limit as possible. There's a little wiggle room (ie, seats are stronger than their limits, but we aren't really sure how much, so don't push it TOO far).

The younger the kid, the tighter I'd try to cut it (an 11 month old that weighs 34 pounds in a seat with a 35 pound limit? Weigh them daily and pray they don't gain. A 32 month old that weighs 34 pounds? I'd probably turn them FF and not worry too much). For FF, I would top tether it and weigh them weekly if they were pushing 40...or just buy a seat with a higher weight limit :D.