PDA

View Full Version : Valco vs Bob Rev. vs Baby Jogger

eah125
07-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I am looking for some help in deciding on a jogging stroller. Was totally set on the Valco runabout tri-mode & now totally reconsidering. Thinking now about the Baby Jogger City Classic or the 2008 Bob Revolution. The valco seems to have fallen out of favor. I don't even think my nearest BBB carries it anymore. Anyone know why? Can anyone share their opinion on any of these? There's a few things i like about each of them. I am almost never going to be putting this in the car, i have a Mac techno for that. I don't plan on any true jogging or "off roading", I just live in an extremely hilly neighborhood and believe a jogger would be much better than a regular stroller on walks. In which case possibly the Bob w/the rear 16' wheels?
Would appreciate any input.. thanks!

ellies mom
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I have the Valco and personally, I like the Valco over the BOB. It just looks a lot more comfortable to me. It is a great stroller. I really don't know that you can go wrong with either one. I haven't taken the time to compare the Baby Jogger to the Valco and Bob IRL so I can't help with that one.

Babymakes3
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Not a direct reply to yours but thought i would share in case you decide to go with the Bob.

Use this code for 15% off the entire site
www.thetrendytote.com
15% off code: moxie

mamabelle
07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I was trying to decide between the Bob abd BJCC. I preferred the fold of the baby jogger a lot (and will be folding mine a lot) over the Bob. Liked the look of the Bob. Preffered the BJ's adjustable handlebar which was a big one for me since the Bob's handlebare was not at a comfortable height for me.

I got the BJ and love it so much. That said, I got the 2007 1/2 so the price was much better too.

reissgirl
07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I haven't purchased a stroller yet but I have looked at all three of those. Here is what I've found.

I think the BOB has the best maneuverability. It turns so easily! With that said, I've personally ruled it out because I think the recline mechanism is very annoying and not very functional. It folds pretty easily and rather compactly.

The Valco TriMode also maneuvers really well. It has the best storage. The basket is quite large and it has a lot of storage pouches/pockets attached to the stroller. I also think it's the most aesthetically appealing. It's not difficult to fold but definitely has the hardest fold among all three.

The Baby Jogger... I would personally look at the City Series Elite. I think the Elite has the best canopy and also the best fold. It seems a little more tippy to me than the BOB or Valco. The canopy and fold are just so amazing on the Baby Joggers so that could sway me.

bubbaray
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Is this for a newborn? Or older child? For a newborn, my fave is the MBUS -- nicest recline of the bunch. For an older child (~ 2), I find the BOB steers the best. We have tried DD#2 in our BOB and she still prefers the MBUS (she's 17m).

Ryemom
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I have a BOB and it's absolutely wonderful. I did a ton of research, talking and trial runs before choosing. It wins for me hands down!

eah125
07-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the responses. The stroller is not currently for a newborn. I have been reading reviews on all 3 for days now, making myself a little crazy.The Bob seems to get the best reviews i.e the one w/ fewest complaints. The BJCS seems amazing except for all those pple saying that is tips easily especially on an incline, now i live on a hill w/ my driveway a hill as well so that worries me, but maybe it's still worth it? The one thing about the Bob is the handle bar, now my DH & I are not tall so that may not be such an issue, i have yet to test drive it though. An FYI to anyone else who is interested in the Valco, i believe they are getting rid of i guess it's the 07's so they are available on various sites online with all available accessories for the $425 price, going forward i think they will be @$480, kind of steep, so if I don't make my mind up while the supplies last, that may be the deciding factor. I did agree w/ the person who stated that the Valco is most aesthetically pleasing, b/c that's what drew me to it in the first place along w/ all the great storage. Well I hope to decide real soon, b/c i really need this stroller!