PDA

View Full Version : I had to move DS's MA straps to the top slot yesterday...

HIU8
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow, DS has really grown. It seems that less than a year ago I move him to the third set of slots (he is FF). Yesterday I noticed that his shoulders are a smidge above the third slot, so I moved him to the top slots. He is 3.5 yo and 33-34 lbs. Can I expect to get at least another year out of his MA?

Thanks.:wavey:

Joolsplus2
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
We didn't move to the top slots till 4.5, then dd fit till 6...so 18 months...but it seems you have a taller or longer torsoed kiddo, so I hope you get a year, hopefully longer (and he'll fool you! his shoulders will sink way back down once or twice and make you question whether you should leave them in the top...yes, leave them up :) )

HIU8
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Yup, DS has a rather long torso. He is still super skinny, but suddenly grown out of his 3T pants (I thought maybe he grew in leg length only, but I was wrong). I guess DS is about average for the MA then, b/c one of my friends DS had outgrown his MA. His shoulders were above the top slots and they moved him to a GN (he is 3 months younger than DS).

Wife_and_mommy
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I had to raise the harness to the top slot for my dd late last year or early this year. She was 3.5-3.75. I never thought she had a long torso but apparently she does.:loveeyes:

I'm hoping I'll/she'll make it to 5.5 though. She usually has a growth spurt the fall after her birthday. This fall she might grow just *to* the straps which would mean she'll still fit. Fingers crossed she'll make it to next fall at 5.5.

All that said, not that I'm not dying to buy her a new seat.;)

HIU8
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm so not looking foward to buying another seat. Buying the MA after the infant seat was really a no brainer. It seems to become a more complicated decision for the next type of seat. I definitely want DS to remain in a 5 pt harness after he outgrows the MA. There are just so many choices out there now and I'm sure when DS is ready to move there will be even more. Thank goodness DD still fits in her Safeseat. At least I know that the MA will get useage from her after DS (I have 3 MA- exp 2011 and 2012).

DrSally
07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
DS is not even 2.5 and we moved him ff and to the top slots a few months ago when he reached 32 lbs.

DrSally
07-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Yup, DS has a rather long torso. He is still super skinny, but suddenly grown out of his 3T pants (I thought maybe he grew in leg length only, but I was wrong). I guess DS is about average for the MA then, b/c one of my friends DS had outgrown his MA. His shoulders were above the top slots and they moved him to a GN (he is 3 months younger than DS).

So, I have to move him when his shoulders are above the top slots?

lmwbasye
07-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Sally...yes, for FFing, the child outgrows the seat when their shoulders are above the top slots, regardless of their weight or overall height.

DrSally
07-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Is it really possible my DS could outgrow his marathon and decathalon before he's 3!

ETA: At least I could use them for for DC #2 and get Nautalus or something for DS

ETA: You guys must think DS is a freak of nature. I just checked and he has one more set of slots left to go!! Who-ho.

new_mommy25
07-03-2008, 03:23 PM
We had to move my DS to the top slots right around his third birthday. He's almost 5 now and still has about an inch left. Almost all his growth has been in legs.

bubbaray
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
We would have had to move DD#1 to the top slots on her MAs around age 3. However, we had already gotten her RNs and were using the "old" MAs for DD#2. We didn't move DD#1 to the top slots on her RNs until about 1m ago -- and she has tons of room left the RNs.