PDA

View Full Version : Double Stoller help, 2-yr old and newborn

JenMama
07-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm due in 3 months with #2, and my first will be 23 months at that time. I need a recommendation for a double stroller. Like most people, it will be used for walks around the neighborhood, the occasional amusement park or outing, malls, etc. However, I also do some door-to-door work, so I need this stroller to handle going up and down curbs easily and traveling roads that could range from well-paved to bumpy with cracked sidewalks. I would prefer something that accepted the Graco Snugride car seat, but it's not an absolute necessity. We have a minivan, so not too worried about fitting it into the trunk. My daughter is currently at about 50% weight/height (at 20 mos she's about 24 lbs and 32", give or take a bit).

Of the ones I have researched online so far, here is what I have narrowed it down to (listed with lowest priced strollers first):
Baby Trend Double Sit-N-Stand (2 seats, but one in back can later be converted to a sit-n-stand)
Tike Tech Trax360 Double
Baby Jogger City Mini Double (BJCMD)
Zooper Tango (2008 model is supposedly revamped and quite nice)
BOB Revolution Duallie (sounds great, but not sure it's worth the $$$)

Also, has anyone heard anything on the Bumbleride Indie Twin? I couldn't find any reviews on it, so not sure I'm willing to take the risk with something that pricey.

I would love some information on these strollers, if you have them. After searching the boards, it seems I've read nothing but info on the BJCMD. Does anyone here own anything BUT this stoller? :-) The only bad reviews I read online were concerning kids hitting the top of the canopy with their heads (seat height/clearance), the annoying locking system, and the fact that the baskets were kind of hard to access. Any notes on these potential flaws?

Jenna

catcombs
07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Sounds like you need air tires which rules out the Sit and Stand and Zooper Tango. I have the Valco Twin Tri Mode and have been very happy with it but I think the the Bob Duallie is also a great stroller. Unfortunately you do get what you pay for. A good double stroller is expensive but you should try searching Craig's List since you have some time before you need it. A great stroller might come up at a good price.

strollerqueen
07-08-2008, 02:38 AM
If you are on a tight budget, you might want to check out our Strollerswap group for a gently used higher-end model. We insist that they be impeccably clean and in good shape, with any flaws disclosed. Everyone is really friendly and helpful there, too! :)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/?yguid=321092996