PDA

View Full Version : Bee & Me Movie Issue

momtoclaire
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I ordered 2 movies from www.memovies.com last year before my son was born. When I ordered them the customer service person told me I could wait several months to submit the photo and begin production. I phoned & e-mailed them about 3 weeks ago to place the prder. I was told that I would have the movies within a week-10 days. I still have not received the movies and see that their website indicates they are now closed. Has any one else had a similar experience? I am just hoping I will receive the 2 movies I've already paid for.

Juli

mshen
07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
i'm in the same situation as you and am feeling a bit nervous myself. hoping someone can chime in with good news. hopefully they're just a bit behind with orders...

doberbrat
07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
me too *gulp*

Jo..
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I think it's okay, they are just EXTREMELY backlogged due to all of the people redeeming their gc. I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and called about 10 days ago, and emailed a couple days ago. I got responses both times. They are experiencing HUGE delays, and it may take in excess of 4 weeks to get your order. So I'd wait about 5 weeks or so, then if you hear nothing call or email them.

I think if they wanted to scam people they wouldn't spend the time to answer emails. It will be okay!:hug:

msmouse523
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree with Jo...they're swamped with orders. I placed my order in early June, and when I didn't hear anything from them for a couple of weeks, I e-mailed them. They said that they had a bunch of orders and that there were several orders before mine. I received it about 3 1/2 weeks after placing my order.

sidmand
07-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes, I read they were closing for good soon, but would still accept the gift certificates (that were good until August). I'm guessing everyone redeemed any outstanding GC at once before they expired so they must be WAY backlogged. We did the same. I was hoping to get one for DD, but she's way too little. Oh well.

jennifer2saint
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I am in the same situation- I talked to them to ask about switching the movie I had ordered well over a year ago from my son to my daughter. They got back in touch with me and said it was fine- in the past I ordered during busy times and it took a bit, but they always came!

happy2bamom
07-03-2008, 03:49 PM
They never responded to my email. Could someone post their phone number? Thanks!

jerigirl
07-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I ordered on 6/8/08 to redeem a GC that I still had, and got an email today that told me it was shipped today. Hang in there, I am sure that your order is on its way. In my experience it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get the order.

Bens Momma
07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! So ironic that I was just thinking about how I still had to send in my pics just a week or two ago! I purchased 4 gift certificates during the special that they ran back in Nov/Dec and have been meaning to redeem them. 2 were for my kiddos and I gave 2 as gifts. Just looked and the expiration date is Aug. 31, 2008. So is the consensus that they will still honor gift certificates? If so how would I select the movie and send in the pic and personalization info since their website is no longer working? Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated especially since I'll feel embarassed if the people I gifted to can't get theirs. I can see shutting down a business or not taking "new" orders, but you'd think things would've been easier for them to just note no new orders on the website but leave it up through the date of expiration for all the gift certificates since that was such a busy promo for them.

Hope there's still a way to not loose my $ on these certificates since I procratinated getting the movies-

Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

Bens Momma
07-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Just spoke to the folks at Bee and Me. First off, they couldn't have been nicer and so helpful. They will still honor all the gift certificates and are in the process of setting up a link so that those who have them can use it to place their order. In the meantime he said to just send your order/certificate number, child's name, picture, address and movie choice to them at [email protected] Obviously it has to be an existing order, they won't be accepting "new" orders. Sad to see them go, but kudos to this company for being friendly, having a cute product, and GREAT customer service.

HTH-
Momma to 2 DS

Jo..
07-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Yup, I JUST got a shipping confirmation in my email this afternoon for an order placed on June 4th!

sidmand
07-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! So ironic that I was just thinking about how I still had to send in my pics just a week or two ago! I purchased 4 gift certificates during the special that they ran back in Nov/Dec and have been meaning to redeem them. 2 were for my kiddos and I gave 2 as gifts. Just looked and the expiration date is Aug. 31, 2008. So is the consensus that they will still honor gift certificates? If so how would I select the movie and send in the pic and personalization info since their website is no longer working?

I'm pretty sure they said that you could still e-mail all the info and picture after the site was dead. They did say they would still honor the GC. They probably didn't want to leave the site up because they didn't want anyone without the GC to order...although you'd think there was some way to only take GC orders. But I would try e-mailing [email protected]

momtoclaire
07-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Thanks so much for all of your responses and encouragement regarding this issue. The folks at memovies.com have always been so kind and helpful in the past and I didn't think they would have closed completely without completing the order. I was just nervous when I saw the site had closed. So...when I arrived home this evening I received an e-mail from their customer service stating the order shipped out today -- yea! You're all correct -- they do have wonderful customer service and I think the movies are adorable. It's a shame they will no longer be producing them. :-(

jerigirl
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I ordered on 6/8/08 to redeem a GC that I still had, and got an email today that told me it was shipped today. Hang in there, I am sure that your order is on its way. In my experience it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get the order.

I received my order today. So keep a look out for your shipping notices!

Jo..
07-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Love it. :bighand:

SO sad there won't be any for DD.

happy2bamom
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Does anyone have their phone number? They still haven't returned any of my emails. TIA

doberbrat
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Does anyone have their phone number? They still haven't returned any of my emails. TIA

Check your spam folder that’s where their emails to me always end up.

secchick
07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Check your spam folder that’s where their emails to me always end up.

Does anyone have the phone number? I gave some GCs to my SIL and they haven't responded to her emails either. Thanks!

kellij
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Just got email below, I sent pictures June 8th and emailed asking on July 3rd, just got a response:

Hi,
We apologize for the delay.
There are a huge number of old orders and gift certificate redemptions right now, so it may be another couple of weeks.
My original estimate was overly optimistic.
We'll send you a confirmation when it ships.
Thanks,
Kristina
MeMovies

happy2bamom
07-09-2008, 06:00 PM
I checked my junk and spammed mail. Nothing. Last attempt for a phone number, pretty please.....

Jo..
07-09-2008, 06:50 PM
I checked my junk and spammed mail. Nothing. Last attempt for a phone number, pretty please.....

607-538-9260

I lost their 800 # but this one works

nupe
07-10-2008, 07:49 AM
So the reason MeMovie is closing is because of a lawsuit. A competitor has sued them and several other companies. Since the cost of defense is so great, they are shutting down.

secchick
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
So the reason MeMovie is closing is because of a lawsuit. A competitor has sued them and several other companies. Since the cost of defense is so great, they are shutting down.

I wish I know who sued them, so I could be sure to not buy from them in the future. My daughter *loves* her Bee and Me.

DrSally
07-10-2008, 11:21 AM

That's too bad.

Emmas Mom
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I wish I know who sued them, so I could be sure to not buy from them in the future. My daughter *loves* her Bee and Me.

:yeahthat: That's pathetic! They can't handle competition so they need to sue?! WTH? Our little DD has her Bee & Me movie & I recently ordered the Costume Party for older DD (with a GC from last Christmas). Plus I gave out several as gifts, sad that they are closing it was a great personalized gift. I'd love to know the company who sued them too. :nono: