PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep the daily record sheet from daycare?

overcome
07-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I started out keeping ours every day, in case some thing had to be documented, but now if it was a regular day w/no real info on it I've been tossing them.

It goes against my nature to throw them away, b/c I like to file things for future reference, but the clutter in my house is driving me nuts so I figured why not!?

What do you do?

kransden
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I kept them if they had something special on it. Otherwise, I threw them out. They'll drive you crazy if you keep them. After all, how many "Suzy had a happy day. She ate bananas, sang songs and took a nap!" do you need?

elliput
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
When DD was in the infant and toddler rooms, I kept them all and kept them in date order. :o I especially liked having the infant ones so I could track how much she was eating and when along with when she slept. It made weekends a bit easier for us.

When she moved to a different daycare center and up to the Young Pre-school level, I usually tossed them, however DH and I would always review the sheets during dinner. One of our DCP was really surprised when we asked about a missing sheet, as she said most parents just threw them out without looking at them.

karolyp
07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't keep the daily sheets - but I do keep all the artwork and there is SO MUCH!! I just don't know what to do with all of it!

kijip
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
heck no. My response might be different since T started preschool at 3 so he could tell me what he was doing. I was packing his lunches so I knew what he was eating and not eating AND he was also coming home with 55 zillion pages of coloring and letters and masks, hats etc. The only ones I kept were accident reports (ie how he got a gash on his knee).

caheinz
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
We don't get them anymore in preschool (they send a daily newsletter by email instead), but from infant through toddler, we would keep them short-term and pitch them every few months.

It did help when DS was 2 and approaching 3. I was sorting through them for some reason, and noticed that he had been using the potty regularly with no wet/soiled diapers at all for a few weeks... He was basically potty trained, but since they did all the work, we didn't notice!

thomma
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM
We didn't do a sheet. I chat/ted (kids are going 1X week for summer then we're done :() with our dcp for a few minutes at the start of each day and end of each day. Also, she was okay with me calling her at home if needed...happened a few times in 4 years.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

lmwbasye
07-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I keep them for a bit, then toss most. Some I keep if they have funny comments or something so the kiddos will have them when they're older. I definitely read them each day.

As far as all the art projects...I keep some special ones...send some to family...and others I take a photo with my digital camera and then recycle or toss.

pb&j
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
We only keep them long enough so that DH and I can both look at it. We do keep some "special" ones, like the one where his teacher's comment for the day was that they practiced throwing balls on the playground and DS "Has a great arm!" :D