PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 of preschool -- an update

hillview
07-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback. I got DS at preschool camp today after lunch and he had a MUCH better day. Still some crying but 2/4 hours were cry free and the other 2 were only some crying. He seemed MUCH better when I got him and while he is saying he doesn't like it -- it is only every once in a while not every 5 mins. I also talked to one of the more experienced teachers who said we should give it til Tuesday and then reevaluate. I really enjoyed talking to her and think we are in a good place for now.

I am just so so so so relieved!

Thanks again to all of you!
Happy 4th :)
/hillary

kedss
07-03-2008, 01:58 PM
nak

i'm glad he had a better day- its a big transition for both of you!

big hugs-

bubbaray
07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Good news!

LBW
07-03-2008, 02:13 PM
That's great! Over the weekend you should really play up the fun aspects of his class. Talk about things you noticed in his classroom ("I saw the blocks that were stacked over near the window. Did you guys build anything with them yet? I'll bet you could build a HUGE castle with those blocks!) and the teacher he really likes ("Miss so-and-so said you drew a beautiful picture of a bird. I wonder what you will get to draw next week.") If he is getting along with any of the kids really play them up, too.

Hopefully he'd gotten over the worst of his fears, now, and next week will be much better!

KBecks
07-03-2008, 02:42 PM
So glad to hear it!

lmwbasye
07-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Yay! Sounds like you are on the right track. :)