PDA

View Full Version : I'd be crazy to get a BJCM if I needed a compact stroller, right?

SnuggleBuggles
07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I want a stroller that takes up less space than my Graco Metrolite in the trunk of my Civic. I go back and forth on dif't Maclaren models but I keep wanting a BJCM for some reason. Would it be any smaller than my Metrolite? I'm a one stroller gal so I guess I just want to be talked into the BJCM rather than the Maclaren that would be far more practical. :)

Beth

salsah
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
if you need an umbrella fold, then get a mac. otherwise, a bjcm, imo, is a better choice if you only want one stroller. the bjcm actually folds compactly. someone once posted pics here showing just how small it looks when folded.

the way i see it (someone please correct me if i am wrong),
the mac's pros: steering, umbrella fold, quality, handle height adjustable on some models.
cons: it is a little bare, tippy, limited storage, limited or no recline depending on the model, small wheels -- better suited for indoor use.

the bjcm's pros: steering (even easier than a mac because of the single handle bar -- i read reviewers claim that they can steer it (or the double) with just one finger!), amazing easy one hand fold, quality, high handle height, great canopy, full recline and fully adjustable, decent storage, larger wheels and front suspension, wide range of accessories -- snack tray, parent console, etc.
cons: rear wheels are a wide.

eta: from the baby jogger website, the bjcm dimensiond when folded w/ the wheels: 30.5" x 24.25" x 9"
hth

Joolsplus2
07-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Darn it didn't occure to me to take a picture of it folded next to the Volo... but it does fold small, yup http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/BabyJoggerCityMini

SnuggleBuggles
07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Julie. :) I remember clicking through that album before (very helpful!! thank you!!). As I am spatially challenged I think I need to take my Metrolite into the store and fold them side by side to really get a good sense of the space. But, it looks so great and I love the color combo you have! Eta- is the tray part of the stroller or did you add it on?

Beth