PDA

View Full Version : Best Coach Deals??

onjbj
07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
So I am in love with a Coach denim bag, but not in love with the price! Where is the best/cheapest place to get Coach bags? Anyone ever purchase them on Ebay? If so, how do you know that you are getting a real bag, not a fake? Thanks for any info...

Karin

Melbel
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Through tomorrow, Dillards has a good selection of Coach bags on sale, plus another 30% off. I picked up a nice tote that can double as a diaper bag at 50%, plus the extra 30% off.

lmintzer
07-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Most department stores won't let you use their discounts on Coach. Is Dillards and exception? (I'm in love with a Coach bag, too. : )

Jennajbug
07-05-2008, 09:21 PM
The factory stores typically have big discounts compared to the outlet stores... Don't know if you have one near you but if you do they are fantastic! I have gotten beutiful bags for a fraction of the price... (last years models)

THey usually also have big sale twice a year... July and January!

Twin Mom
07-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Unlike Macy's, Dillards 30% off sales do include Coach. Happy shopping.

Most department stores won't let you use their discounts on Coach. Is Dillards and exception? (I'm in love with a Coach bag, too. : )

Melbel
07-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Dillards definitely allows the extra 30% off on top brands such as Coach, Cole Haan and some other amazing shoes. I went ahead and stocked up DH and DS polo shirts (40% off + additional 30% off). I love this time of year and I am thrilled that I actually was able to get a quick hall pass to partake in the savings!

onjbj
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Sadly, there are no Dillards where I live on Long Island. There is an outlet store nearby, but it's still pretty pricey unless the bags are marked down and then have a percentage off- of course, "my" bag isn't marked down. Thanks for the help though.

Karin

mopat11
07-06-2008, 10:32 AM
I also don't live anywhere near a Dillard's. Is the 30% coupon valid online, if so could you share it. Thanks!

supercalifragilous
07-06-2008, 02:04 PM
There was a slew of new Coach bags @ Nordstrom Rack last week.

I also went to the Coach outlet over 4th of July weekend and they were having a clearance sale, a lot of it with an extra 20%-30% off. I didn't see any denim specifically - or do you mean the blue patchwork? They had that collection on sale. I wonder if the outlets would ship to you.

My friend also gets awesome deals @ the military exchange. If you have a friend you could go with, I think the deals there sometimes beat out outlet prices!

lmintzer
07-07-2008, 12:01 AM
No Dillards by me either; I checked on line and didn't see the one I wanted. It might be at an outlet since it was a spring '08. If anyone sees this one (the signature floral tote), would you send me and e-mail ([email protected])? Thanks!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/lmintzer/coachbag.jpg

onjbj
07-07-2008, 07:18 AM
The one I like is called "Carly" and it comes in blue denim and a few other colors. The Coach outlet had 50% and less on many of their already marked down bags, but this one hasn't been marked down yet. I'll just visit it once a week and see what happens. Glad I'm not the only one in love with a Coach bag that I feel too guilty to buy! BTW Lisa, I haven't seen the floral bag at the outlet by me, but I'll keep an eye out.

Karin

supercalifragilous
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g316/lmintzer/coachbag.jpg
I saw a table of bags from this line @ the WA outlet on July 4 and it was on sale, though I don't remember exactly how much, sorry.

In general, they had TONS of swingpacks and smaller pouches in from various collections on sale. They seemed to really be trying hard to get rid of those.

onjbj
07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Lisa-
I was back at my local outlet today to visit my bag and saw the floral bag that you asked about. They had a table of them for $299 with 20% off. That was at the outlet in Riverhead, Long Island.

Karin

lmintzer
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Karin,
Thanks! I found out that the outlet closest to me (in Lahaska, PA) has it for the same price you saw. It's good to have verification that that's the "going rate". Now, the question I'm asking myself is, should I be spending even that much, and should I spend the 51 minutes (according to Mapquest) it takes to get there? I'm not even a pink person--I have no idea why I like this bag. LOL!

Zaney
07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok so now that I see you can use Dillard's coupons for Coach, how do you get these coupons?? Do you sign up via email? Have to be a credit card holder? Newspaper? TIA

onjbj
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Lisa-
I'm not even a Coach person! But I saw this bag and it is haunting me!! Right now I'm just enjoying visiting it at the store. I'm really hoping it gets marked down b/c even with 40% off it costs $209 plus tax. We'll see.....

Karin

lmintzer
07-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I hear you, Karin. It's hard to justify spending the money. (I just tried for one on Ebay and lost--guess the outlet is the way to go.)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I have somewhere around 11 COACH bags. I have bought a few on ebay. I checked the feedback, bought from a US seller, and I really know COACH! I bought my first one 12 years ago, and can spot a fake a mile away.

Good Luck!

onjbj
07-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm still leary of buying on Ebay, even with checking feedback, as I have not a clue as to how to spot a fake! Feedback is only helpful if the other people know the real deal from a phony. Who are some of the people you have bought from? (If you know) I'm still being haunted by the Carly bag....

Karin

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
07-09-2008, 12:47 AM
I can't remember who I bought them from, it was a few years ago. Sometimes the outlets have current styles. My nearest is in Vegas, and I have seen some currents styles. Wish I could be of more assistance. I understand your love of COACH!

clc053103
07-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I would avoid Ebay- I bought one about 4 yrs ago from reputable seller with good feedback, came in a coach box and everything but I knew immediately it was a fake- strap width was incorrect for the style, quality terrible. at that time Id id not leave bad feedback for fear of retaliation, but I will never buy there again.

I also saw the posted bag at the Atlantic City coach outlet back in the sale area, but do not know the price. the sale area was mayhem though, the deals must have been pretty good!

ZeeBaby
07-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I was at the AC Coach a few weeks ago and most of the bags are 40-50%. The deals were so great that I got my baby shower hostesses wristlets as a thank you gift. I would say avoid Ebay and stick with the outlet. Having lived in NYC, I know there are AMAZING fakes out there.