PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride locking mechanism

jbtmom
07-07-2008, 12:10 AM
We are looking at the 2008 Bumbleride Flyer and the main thing holding us back from getting it is the locking mechanism when it's folded down. My husband feels that it's a bit chintzy and is worried that it may break easily. Does anyone have any experience with this stroller? Did you have any issues with the locking part? He is also concerned with the bulkiness of the stroller once it's folded and feels that it's awkward to pick up/move around when folded. Opinions on this would be appreciated. Thanks!!

catcombs
07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a 2006 Flyer and I wouldn't buy it again. I have learned that I really like an easy and light fold for the car. I think it is too bulky when folded and not that light. I only use my Maclaren in the car. I use the Flyer for around the neighborhood but I really wish that I has gotten an all terrian stroller instead of the Flyer. Air tires are so much nicer for the sidewalk and street. I love the look of the Flyer but I wish I had gotten the Rocket/ Indie instead.

mmsmom
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I have the 2007 Flyer & love it. I have traveled by plane with it many times and I've never had a problem with the locking mechanism. I can see how it appears chintzy but I've open and folded it many times and it is still holding up. It is the only stroller I own and my DC is now 19 months. I am just now considering something lighter weight/more compact for travel but for a newborn I liked the Flyer's sturdiness & plushness.